RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Old 06-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Janitor

RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Let us know what you thought of our RetouchPRO LIVE webcast with Carrie Beene.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Fantastic webinar Carrie and Doug. I have 15 pages of notes and have already started on a "practice image". Thanks heaps!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:12 PM

Carrie's tuition and guidance was invaluable but the session was marred by the constant interruption at in opportune moments with the questions. It disrupted the flow and a few times caused Carrie to lose track of where she was.

I assume that you're using GoToWebinars ability to record the session and post it for download / review by existing registered attendees. Please go back and watch it through again to see how disruptive it is.

I'd like to suggest that with future events you agree with the artist before hand the Q&A points .e.g. at the end of each layer or group and work to that, as it's quite possible that if you wait, the question is going to be answered. Alternatively, allow the artist to decide when to stop, and ask if there are any questions.

Other than that, thanks for arranging the event, and I look forward to more.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:13 PM

fantastic event. Loads of great new tips and reaffirmed many current methods I work with. Would love to see more with Carrie.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:18 PM

i think you need to be able to ask questions on the fly. Allowing the artist to choose when to stop and answer would work though, and they can get a list of them. It would be slower though.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:29 PM

It was a fantastic webinar and it did feel like Carrie was right in the room talking one on one. She does lovely work and it is nice to get a peek at her thought process. Though I loved having questions answered, I think they did throw Carrie off a bit. The sound quality was good and her having two monitors allowed us to see a lot more of the retouching process without watching the numbers. Many thanks to Carrie and Doug for the excellent demo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Thank you Carrie and Doug! I really enjoyed the webinar and got a lot out of it. Audio cut out for me a couple times (at the end fortunately) but don't think I really missed much. I appreciated being able to ask a question at the time she was demonstrating something instead of having to wait till later - made it feel more like a one-on-one with her.
Day of week and time was good for me this time but I was not able to work around the schedule for Chris's webinar which I really wanted to see. Any chance in the future that we would be able to register for a webinar and watch a video of it at a time of our choosing?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 08:11 PM

Smile Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Many thanks Carrie and Doug for that wonderful two hours of generous insight of Carries signature 'Amazing Skin' techniques.
I have been a big admirer of Carries Beenes work for some time and have now even so much more appreciation for her commitment for perfection. She obviously loving what she does.
I look forward to her next tutorial! Many thanks, Joanne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM

I agree that we need questions, but I also agree with others that the "random" questions seemed to throw Carrie off track. I would like to see questions asked at set intervals, preferably after the presenter has had time to finish explaining a process.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 05:58 AM

it was a great experience. I wish more time was spent on colour corrections - she is so good with the shaping by curves, every now and again there was a glimpse into her utter brilliance - I suppose if you want more, have to pay more . At times it felt like she did not look at the file before the webinar and was trying to figure out what is going on. Would be nice if future files are more recent. I really enjoyed the presenter, thank you for guiding the tutor through.

I agree with questions: random questions were a bit out of place, but would be nice to hear more questions directed at the current area of retouch.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, I watched the webinar bw 1-3am, still trying to get my head around.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE