RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 07/01/09 Feedback

Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Janitor

RetouchPRO LIVE 07/01/09 Feedback

Tell us what you thought about Steve Caplin's perspective webcast.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 07/01/09 Feedback

Even with the technical hiccups it was still a wonderful Webinar! Perspective is always a challenge, but Steve provided some excellent tips to make perspective easier to tackle. I especially enjoyed watching the sections on using the vanishing point filter. It helped tremendously to watch the filter in action. It was quite the time saving tip to use vanishing point in the set-up to remove the leaves from the brick pavement instead of straight cloning work.

CS4’s 3D object (extended version) where you can rotate the object around a 3D axis was quite impressive! Unfortunately it only works with rectangular objects, but it’s encouraging to see the potential.

Thanks again Doug and Steve!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Steve was great and the glitch really wasn't that bad- we waited a couple minutes and logged back on- it gave us a chance to grab a drink. Doug might want to work on his stand up routine for future entertainment if it ever happens again, but really worse for him than it was for us. They went overtime to make up for it.
I'm not a professional retoucher, rather a photographer, so it was nice to see things from a different "perspective". Besides I used to live in W1 London- I missed the accent.
I'd log on to hear Steve again just let me know day and time because I learned how to do a couple new tricks with vanishing point and to think I pay for this stuff and don't learn how to use all the bells and whistles!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM

I really enjoyed the presentation but I lost the last 30 min. I know had technical problems with the transmission. I want to know what it is supposed cover in those 30 min., please.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 PM

The last 30 minutes were all about utilizing the skills he was addressing in vaishing point.

He showed that with the extended version of CS4 the possibilities, although rudimentary at this point, that you can do with the 3D. Basically built a box using the same principles as before utilizing the Return to PS as a 3D Layer option.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 07/01/09 Feedback

The webinar was perfect no matter what. Should someone have an issue with Doug or Steve they need to get lost. Go spend $10.00 at McDonald's, poop it out be happy then find another profession.
I have no time for "Its all about me" people. Doug has done us a favor to even give us even 30 minutes with Steve for $10.00.
Doug you owe us nothing, we owe you and RetouchPRO our support, thank you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 PM

The webinar was well worth the money despite the glitch. I am sorry that I did miss the most interesting 15 minutes waiting to be notified to log back in. I got quite a lot out of it though. I was surprised that the interface on CS4 makes so much difference from CS3 that I am now looking to upgrade. Thanks for all the tips and tricks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Enjoyed what I saw, and really sorry I missed the rest. Must have misunderstood Doug, I thought he said he would send an email if the seminar restarted. I kept checking my email. Certainly won't ask for a refund, just sad I missed some of it. I certainly got more than my $10.00 worth in what I saw. Steve is such a good presenter.
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM

Despite the glitch, I think Steve is one of the most accomplished photoshop instructors that I have watched in a long time. I love his style and am looking forward to seeing many more of his webinars. Thanks so much, Doug.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 AM
Patron

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think i must of misunderstood Doug also, as I too was waiting for an email to tell me to log back on but it never came. Steve did a wonderful job, the presentation was with humour and professionalism. Ill certainly will be booking in for future Webinars. Thank you Steve and Doug! Worth getting up at 430am!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE