RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE "Unmasking Layer Masks" Feedback (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26772-retouchpro-live-unmasking-layer-masks-feedback.html)

Doug Nelson 07-15-2009 09:06 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE "Unmasking Layer Masks" Feedback

Tell us what you thought of the Unmasking Layer Masks webcast.

Blodgrape 07-15-2009 03:16 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Unmasking Layer Masks" - 07/1

Waiting for the rebroadcast ;)

afireflyspins 07-15-2009 03:29 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Unmasking Layer Masks" - 07/1

Thanks once again for an excellent webinar! Lots of notes taken.

For webinar suggestions, could we do one just on hair? Not only masking it, but retouching it as well.

I get a lot of requests for this--most commonly in the form of reducing fly-aways and cleaning up hair and neck lines while maintaining a natural look.

Thanks again!!

jane

dgaring 07-15-2009 03:39 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Unmasking Layer Masks" Feedba

OK - sadly this was my first ever "Webinar" - I'm sure I've missed out on a ton. All in all I thought it was very good. If I could change it to fit my learning style, I wished I could pause it. Then try a few things to see if I am actually understanding the process and can mimic. It moves by so quickly, even trying to take notes and keep up can be difficult. That being said, this was my first one and I know it will be easier the more webinars I attend. Very much worth the price of admission and then some.

Emil Nemecek 07-15-2009 10:58 PM

Hello, I enjoyed that show. I have books fom Steve and this is a way how to strenght learned knowledge. Steve covered a lot of things about masking but also I learned for example how to use refine edge, how to make glass cup convincing transparent etc. I like that the show is live, I like the Steve and Doug humour. Great work. I am looking forward for next show. Be sure I will join.

Hendrik 07-16-2009 09:27 AM

This was my first 'webinar' (sorry for the word ;) ) and I loved the presentation, loved your comments and loved his lessons. The timing was very good at 9.00PM for me in the Netherlands.

Loved it!

Liz 07-17-2009 05:19 AM

I like the word webinar. Lovely artistic slant on technology. Thanks once again Doug and Steve. The presentaton is always so intense but the visual learning is good, if that's the way you learn. I would have liked more time spent on the techniques of the dinosaur/door stuff because to me that was where most of the advanced techniques were displayed. Simple subtle manouvers like selecting the computer and then somehow arranging the dinosaur behind it just on a few clicks. Man! Lost me on that one. And the rest of this exercise moved way too fast for me to pick much more up. Could have probably done the whole 2 hours on this dinosaur technique alone for me, but that's just my learning level, I guess. Then there was a middle section of basic stuff, then it stepped up again at the end to advanced techniques with the glass thing. So yeh. I'm still reeling. If you can assure me these techniques are in your book the same way, then Steve, I'll buy 'em. I already have one bought two years ago and reading it again. I think I'm leaning towards other people's remarks on the webinar concept that I'd prefer to pay more, and view the video at my pace (not be able to download it); to be able to pause and really understand those subtle techniques that the artist is trying to show. But then I would miss the sheer excitement of being up at 2 or 3 am to share in the experience. It's a toss up! :)

Janet Petty 07-17-2009 08:29 AM

First, I love being able to take these web-based classes and learn from experts about Photoshop and better usage of this complicated program. It is a dream come true. The cost is very reasonable; and the content can't be beat.

Steve Caplin is an excellent teacher who has a very visually based style. His books are a great example of the written word as well as being able to visually see what to do and the results.

For me personally, I like seeing the techniques explained a little more thoroughly. I like knowing the whys and wherefores so the methods can be applied on other projects. For that reason, and that reason alone, I'd like to have a sort of 1-2-3 spelled out slowly so I can take detailed notes that can be used later. There is such a wealth of information, it is hard to keep up with the flow and process it into usable segments.

Maybe, a written lesson guide or plan could be drafted ahead of time for those who take the seminars. We could download it (or not) and use it for notes. I know, I know, that requires an enormous amount of preparation time and most likely isn't practical on many levels. But it does help structure a lesson and help the teacher to stay on track with his students, which we who take these classes are.

Thank you Doug and Steve for presenting these incredible learning moments. They are well worth it.

Janet