RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE with Gry Garness - 07/18/09 (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26781-retouchpro-live-gry-garness-07-18-09-a.html)

Doug Nelson 07-16-2009 01:48 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE with Gry Garness - 07/18/09

I'm pleased to introduce our newest presenter for RetouchPRO LIVE, Gry Garness. Gry is very much in demand as a beauty retoucher for the UK music industry. She's also an experienced Photoshop trainer and author.

This is a 2+ hour live session taking place July 18, 2009 at 12pm CDT (there's a link on the details page to translate the time into your time zone)

Watch live in your browser as Gry performs a beauty retouch from start to finish. She'll explain what she's doing along the way and answer your questions. At the end she'll answer your general questions, time permitting.

Click here for details and ticket sales link

amica999 07-16-2009 03:38 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Gry Garness - 07/18/09

Doug, while appreciating the Live events you put on, the announcements are of too short notice. Given 2 days there is not much a chance to line it up with other obligations. Wish you would give us more time like a week ahead.... Couldn't participate on the masking with Steve, as I received notice on monday and already had a schedule - work late...Gry I'll have to miss as well as I already have other obligations...too bad

CaptainHook 07-16-2009 05:19 AM

I'd love to watch one on an image more like this: http://www.grygarness.com/retouching.../beauty_01.jpg

I've personally seen enough of the 'typical' portrait beauty work.
D&b, some curves, etc. It's about developing your eye past that.

A more 'creative advertising' shot would be awesome.
Something that initially made the retoucher pause and go "hmm, okay.."

I'm waiting for that email myself. :D

LloydM 07-16-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amica999 (Post 236838)
Doug, while appreciating the Live events you put on, the announcements are of too short notice. Given 2 days there is not much a chance to line it up with other obligations. Wish you would give us more time like a week ahead.... Couldn't participate on the masking with Steve, as I received notice on monday and already had a schedule - work late...Gry I'll have to miss as well as I already have other obligations...too bad

I second that..!!

Ok Lets set this up for a rebroadcast during the week with plenty of notice..!!
--------------
And subsequent live sessions we need at least one (1) week notice -- and that goes for the rebroadcast too......

Thanks

ericaderricka 07-16-2009 08:11 AM

Doug I'm drooling over these live sessions but I keep having to miss them. I would love to rearrange my schedule around a good photoshop lesson, but I need more than a two day notice. My vote is to rebroadcast this one and the yesterday's Unmasking Layer Masks. I will definitely sign up for both! :D

france996 07-16-2009 08:37 AM

dear Doug, first of all excuse me for my bad english, i'ma an italian guy so please be patient with me.
here in italy the broadcasting begins at 19 pm and at that time i'll be out of the house. do you know if there is some software to record the workshop? or alternativley it will be possible to download the file (of course without the "live" experience) maybe some days later?
let me know, bye!

Mike V 07-16-2009 09:02 AM

This sounds like a great seminar but I'm going to miss it. Too short a notice to rearrange my schedule. Hope this one gets replayed on a weekend!

france996 07-16-2009 09:26 AM

dear Doug, All resolved! the 7/18 it's my birthday so i won't be at home to see all the seminar but even if i'll lose the "live" part, i'll see the workshop.
thank you, bye!

Jaysen 07-16-2009 10:06 AM

Agreed. Working this into a schedule on short notice is difficult. Ideal would be the ability to download the event later on for, perhaps, an extra fee. I understand if the artist and RetouchPro want to avoid that, though. Instead, maybe several re-broadcasts so it's easier to plan around.

Hendrik 07-16-2009 10:23 AM

For me in the Netherlands, this is a great time. Thanks for this oportunity!