RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE "Layer Masks" (rebroadcast) (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26849-retouchpro-live-layer-masks-rebroadcast.html)

Doug Nelson 07-22-2009 04:10 PM

RetouchPRO LIVE "Layer Masks" (rebroadcast)

This is a rebroadcast of our most recent RetouchPRO LIVE event with Steve Caplin, "Unmasking Layer Masks".

Saturday, July 25, 6PM CDT (click link below for other time zones)

From Steve:
"Layer masking is the defining technique for any photomontage artist. Beyond their most basic function of hiding and revealing, when fully understood layer masks can provide the semi-transparent effects and soft edge transitions necessary for realistic composites. We will explore basic and advanced layer mask techniques, including vector masks, layer and clipping groups, layer effects, and the new masking technologies offered by Photoshop CS4."

For details and tickets sales, click on the following link:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast

shamrock2008 07-22-2009 04:25 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Layer Masks" (rebroadcast)

I am using CS3. is it worth staying up until midnight ??

Doug Nelson 07-22-2009 04:29 PM

I'd say yes, as he covers a lot of general concepts, and specifies when he's demonstrating something specific to CS4.

CJ Swartz 07-22-2009 07:08 PM

Doug, thanks for re-broadcasting this one also - my computer stopped functioning right before the original broadcast. I have it back and am busy re-installing programs (Photoshop was first, of course).

Doug Nelson 07-23-2009 09:34 AM

Please post a link to the event description in other forums. We need to get the word out about these shows. I'm amazed at the percentage each audience that had never even heard of retouchpro.com before, let alone RetouchPRO LIVE.

Doug Nelson 07-25-2009 03:00 PM

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.

Doug Nelson 07-25-2009 03:58 PM

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.

For those not receiving a registration link or the URL to join the webcast, check your spam filter.

Doug Nelson 07-25-2009 05:00 PM

The ticket sales link is now closed.

kerryafb 07-25-2009 08:30 PM

Very Many thanks for the re broadcast. It was a really great pod cast. I live in Australia, and so cannot do the original which is at some ungodly hour in the morning. Steve was really great, but you went a bit fast for me. But really enjoyed it and will attend more. I will definately buy your books.
Very many thanks again.
If you ever decide to come out to Australia and do workshops, I am sure they would fill fast.

CJ Swartz 07-26-2009 12:15 AM

Excellent show as usual!

Doug, thanks again for doing these re-broadcasts - my computer got "sick" hours before the original broadcast, and I got it back and reinstalled programs/settings just in time for the re-broadcast.

I have trouble understanding Steve's "accent" sometimes, and I also can't keep up with Steve or understand all he's doing, but watching him gets my Photoshop juices flowing strongly. I am also impressed with the software programmers who are able to create the ability for artists like Steve to work their magic. I am impressed with some of the nifty new attributes of CS4, but glad that I can do them another, slower way in CS3 since I can't afford new software yet. I will have to afford one of Steve's books so that I can have more time to figure out what he does.