RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RP LIVE - Chris Tarantino 08/01/09 Feedback (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26960-rp-live-chris-tarantino-08-01-09-feedback.html)

Doug Nelson 08-01-2009 07:15 PM

RP LIVE - Chris Tarantino 08/01/09 Feedback

Tell us what you thought of the event, and give us your suggestions and requests for future events with Chris.

omytfineo1 08-01-2009 07:21 PM

Re: RP LIVE - Chris Tarantino 08/01/09 Feedback

my first LIVE event here and I was impressed! Chris is a humble retouch artist who is not afraid to show us how it is really done. I'd like to thank him for that & thanks to Doug for organizing the event. Looking forward to more!

JMB 08-01-2009 07:32 PM

This event just changed my way of retouching! I missed some color correction, but it was a fantastic webinar!

Thank you both!

JM

OCSteveC 08-01-2009 07:39 PM

This event was fantastic! Many thanks to RetouchPRO and Chris Tarantino for making this happen. I learned a ton of useful techniques that I plan to start using in my work.

One question that I meant to ask Chris, is what size Wacom tablet does he recommend? I was thinking about getting the large, but I don't know if the medium would suffice since it takes less desk space?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Steve

jsm2 08-01-2009 07:40 PM

Thank you Chris!! Very, very valuable stuff, nicely presented!! Pleasure to watch, indeed! Thanks go also to Doug for the idea of these LIVE events, and organizing them!
I know, from Chris's posts here on the forum, he's got great knowledge in building masks techniques, maybe that could be one of the future subjects:)
Thank you!

skydog 08-01-2009 08:08 PM

Unfortunately I missed this one but there will be a rebroadcast right?

Harperr 08-01-2009 08:49 PM

My first RP Live and this is my first post. Doug and Chris I enjoyed the presentation, a positive experience, thanks. Learned new PS approaches to problem solving; as in using curves as a forensic visibility aid. Sweet!

hagenlinss 08-01-2009 08:57 PM

Terrific...Thanks!!!

Lasse 08-01-2009 09:44 PM

This where a Great one.
I would love to see chris do an event on creating masks in varius ways. Im sure he could make our heads spin. Oh and Doug, lets make a rule; when chris talks about anything just let him go on, he could end up revelaing a secret or two ;)
on another sidenote these events have a way of messing with my sleep, as its 05:45 now after the event and Im still not sleeping :)

JasonRS 08-02-2009 01:41 AM

Apart from losing the audio a couple of times, the session was a good one with 2 new techniques o try out. My only real issue with the event is the random injected questions.

This comes up with every webinar, please put some structure around when questions are asked. The random interjection of questions are distracting and throw the session off tack at times. It's much easier to listen to one presenter.

Arrange with the presenter break points for questions (after each group or layer), we could well get the answer given anyway before that technique is finished being demonstrated. I'm pretty sure Chris said "I'm going to show you that" a couple of times.

3 times for colour selection in the skin tones?(and you said you were dropping the Photoshop 101 questions!)

Why not allow people to submit questions in advance on registration, that allows you to filter a lot of the questions not generated by the technique being shown. It's easy, and means you can have a pool of questions that the presenter can see before the event, and either address them during the session, save them for the end, or ignore them if they're not relevant to that session (like the blur for smoothing question that keeps coming up in every webinar, and always seems to get a no as an answer)