RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE - Chris Tarantino (rebroadcast)

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Patron

Re: RP LIVE - Chris Tarantino (rebroadcast)

Usually nothing out of the ordinary. Just the usual multi-layer document and it is so random that no bells ring as to - "Ah ha... so that's the point to watch out for!" I shall definitely start to keep a log though. As I had mentioned I know that I am not alone in this as it seems to be a problem for people across the board and based on virtually all the forums to which I subscribe. Mac Forums, NAPP, the works. My computer is only 4 months old - iMac with OSX 10.5.7 and this happens when Photoshop and maybe only iPhoto are open. Heaven help me if I had Illustrator open at the same time. Must try it.

I do remember to command/s a lot, but have found myself in-between one of those saves and had the darn thing crash and so had to go back a few steps.
Most annoying. This is why I was secretly hoping that Chris' crash was an Adobe issue and not something that he inadvertently did.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
My computer is only 4 months old
Very unlikely to be hard drive related, if your machine is only 4 months old. Try and keep your machine maintained - a free app here http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ties/onyx.html will help. Things like repairing disk permissions, cache cleans, scripts every once in a while, are pretty essential, especially if you have installed a lot of software on a new machine.

The other thing that may cause CS4 to crash, is the graphics card. Make sure you have a compatible graphics card, or switch Open GL off.

I notice in CS4 the only thing that causes consistent crashes is Camera RAW, whenever I use it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Patron

Well that is the hysterical thing! Apparently the nVidia 9400m is not on the Adobe tested list. Since so many graphic designers use Macs, more so than PCs I believe, one would think that Adobe and Apple would at least have collaborated on this? I tried switching off the open GL weeks ago, but it did not make a difference. True what you say about camera RAW though now that you mention it, and I shall have to pay attention to that, even though I know that is not the only area that is causing whatever problem there is.
I will just have to keep my hand on those command s keys, tougher to do when one is left handed based on where the "s" key is. Not sure if I can assign a function key to "save."
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Actually my iMac was only 5 months old and the HD went just like that with no warning. Seems to be a common occurrence out there. Checked on the web and its something I wish I had known before I bought it. Back up what you have frequently Trinik
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 PM

Blimey - whats happening to Apple's reputation for build quality then. Time machine is easy to use, just plug a disk in, and you got your backups.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavorite View Post
Any discount if we paid for the first broadcast of this on 8/1, but had issues with viewing it the first time?
Hey! I have had issues watching the rebroadcasting! at 1.24.00 I started not to see anything but a frozen image and heard him. From that point on... Only SOUND no change of image!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 PM

I'm thrilled that I was able to participate in the rebroadcast. I not only picked up on things I missed or didn't understand earlier but added to my knowledge base. The wealth of information is a real boon. Thank you for sharing what you do with those of us in the deeper trenches of the retouch world.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2009, 08:18 PM

how bout rebroadcast for a 3rd time
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
how bout rebroadcast for a 3rd time
Or if that's not possible, how about a trailer from Chris for his DVD?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2009, 04:56 AM

Does he have a DVD on the way out soon? What will be covered in the DVD and what was covered in the webcast? I find this scheduled approach stupid. This is the 21st century, we should be able to pay to have a copy of it to watch it whenever we want.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE