RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographers"

Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Unhappy Re: RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographe

Ah-h-h- I missed the Paypal payment option by 30 minutes because I could not "re-find" the link to the webinar. Please let me know if this is scheduled for another date and time - I could really use this instruction. I recently purchased the Intuos 4 but I've only been using it to select picture areas (instead of a cumbersome mouse) -

Thanks
Sdunn
Utah
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographe

Can we purchase a screengrab video of this?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 02:27 AM

Where is the feedback thread for this broadcast?

I wish to leave some comments.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 02:32 AM

I was looking for the feedback thread too.

It's usually opened immediately after the webinar.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Janitor

Trying something new, too many people were getting confused, so use this thread for feedback this time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM

Criticism:

- I feel that more time could have been spent focussing on the Wacom tablet and how it interacts with brushes and different tools in Photoshop.
- The showing of how to create the Alpha Channel mask was not necessary as it took time away from using the tablet. For masking, there can be another workshop.
- Not enough time was spent on relaying people's questions to the presenter, as he was clearly interested in hearing what the audience had to say. Thank you for relaying my question though, I appreciate that, but I am sure that many other folk had many questions still.
- Delays in presentation. I understand that this is not under your control, but now that it happened, I think it good to find out exactly what happened with the service provider of this software and ask them to debug this so that this can be avoided, or minimised in the future.

Applause:
- The presenter was very informed of what he presented, and he could answer all questions and situations that was presented to him, well done.
- You could here that the presenter was very patient and calm, and this helped a LOT to transfer this to us the audience.
- Thank you for letting the presenter finish his train of thoughts before asking him a question or interrupting him, that helped a lot.

Seeing that the presenter was focussing so much on how important selections/masks are, perhaps he would be a good candidate for presenting masks, especially focussing on human hair extraction.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 05:40 PM

I think Mr. Burns did a very good job of showing what can be done with the tablet, which is the point of having a tablet. I have an older model, the Graphure, so I was worried during the explanation of the buttons etc. for the newer models, but once he started actually showing how to make use of the tool, I was quite satisfied.

I believe that his choice of emphasizing selections and masks was a teaching choice - they are a major part of using Photoshop and show off what the tablet can do -- which is simply to be a more intuitive connection to the image than the mouse can be.

Mr. Burns is a good presenter, has a nice personal style, is very knowledgeable of Photoshop and the Wacom tablets (thanks for explaining the name), and did a nice job of compositing - (was that a "flying tiger").
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2009, 11:44 PM

I agree with the point that more time should be spent on the tablet and the tutorial/technique should somehow be Wacom specific type of tutorial.

Stephen did a good job on explaining the set up of the wacom which I have discovered something I have never known before. The buttons and shortcut keys set up were very beneficial and would definitely make using the tablet easier to work with.

However, there are certain times being wasted with some irrelevant points. The technique used with regards to selection and mask were practical but in my opinion it can be done without having to rely on Wacom tablet only in which this tutorial could be introduced else where.

Alot of people including myself were expecting to learn what can be done with having the tablet and how to use it in full potential. Somehow, this area has not been covered enough in which it may not be possible to cover everything in just 2 hours. What was listed in the details seemed promising but when during the actual presentation, just one area is being covered too long that there is no longer time to carry on with some other information.

I do believe Stephen has lots more to demonstrate but the LIVE presentation has limited alot of his ability due to time and the problem with the software broadcast.

Lastly, from most of the LIVE Presentation I've attended, I realize the presenter is very much prepared with the materials to demonstrate but when times come, he/she seemed unprepared in terms of presenting and with unexpected encountering of problems such as Audio/Visual lag.

Anyway, thank you Doug for ongoing LIVE workshop that are very beneficial to all of us. Thank you Stephen for the presentation you have put effort into.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your comments. This is very helpful to me.

I will strive to meet your expectations as I work with you more. And I will be happy to share as much as I can.

You are correct that 2 hours is not enough time to learn everything and focusing on a small part of the pie is more productive. I will remember this.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me at chrome@ucsd.edu .

Thank You,
Stephen Burns
www.chromeallusion.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 PM

Doug, I missed this one. Do you have any plans to rebroadcast it?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE