RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographers"

Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Janitor

RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographers"

Something a little different this time, but I think it will prove useful to a large cross-section of viewers.

RetouchPRO LIVE - "Wacom Tablet for Photographers" with Stephen Burns
Watch live via your browser as professional instructor and author Stephen Burns demonstrates everything you've ever needed or wanted to know about working with a Wacom Tablet in Photoshop CS4.

He'll begin at the beginning with a basic introduction to the Wacom Tablet (specifically the Intuos 4, but most of this information will be useful for older models). He'll then progress through many of the most common tasks for your tablet, then on to increasingly more advanced topics of tablet usage.

And, of course, he'll answer audience questions about anything and everything pertaining to Wacom Tablet usage.

Saturday, September 5, 4pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the link below for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=burns
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2009, 01:53 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographe

This is just the course for which I have longed. As noted in the promo, content is also applicable to Intuous 3? In this economy, the next best thing may have to wait! In other words, just how helpful will this be for those with I-3?
Thanks for this promising program.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Janitor

As stated, most everything will also apply to older tablets (and we'll specify what doesn't).
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 AM

Wow!! Thank you very very much Doug for this LIVE Session. It's all what I have been awaiting for. Currently, I owned an Intuos 4 as well.

I would like to suggest if Stephen could provide some images for participants to download that are the same ones in which Stephen will be using during the presentation.

In this way, we could follow along with the procedure that Stephen goes through and would make it clear what we will discover along the way as well. I strongly believe it is a better way to learn instead of simply watching and listening then take notes which if we do it on our own later on we will struggle at some stage. Meanwhile, if we are to prepare our own image, the source may cause some limitation in which we would not realize what was our mistake. However, if we work on the same thing, we would discover our own weakness and mistakes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 AM

This will be an amazing Webinar; thanks again, Doug.
Here's a question I hope you can ask Stephen (feel free to edit or rephrase for brevity):
When using the lasso tool, is there is a way to avoid closing a selection before you are finished making it (when what you wish to do is to lift the pen off the tablet and then put it back down and take up where you left off)? I may not be saying that correctly, but I hope you know what I mean. I know you can go point by point with the polygonal selection feature, but it is too angular for more organic or curving subjects. In the case of similarly-colored selections, the magic wand could be used and you could adjust the tolerance, but I would still like the ease of being able to trace around something as you would an analog pencil. Wouldn't being able to do that help to make better and quicker selections? Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 10:30 AM

Just purchased the I4 a couple of weeks ago and was thinking to myself I wish there was a some kind of course, webinar to get acquainted with the tablet. Very much look forward the the webinar this afternoon!!! Thks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 12:11 PM

RetouchPRO LIVE: "Wacom Tablet for Photographe

Hi Doug

Thank you for the interesting webinars to date.

A couple of suggestions for future webinars that I would like to see are automotive retouching, particularly when bringing images of cars created in a 3D application such as Hypershot and how Photoshop is used to enhance the 3D models to make them look photorealistic and blend in with the background plate.

Unfortunately, I missed Steve Caplins Perspective webinar. Would find it very useful to have another opportunity to see a webinar on perspective, particulary when compositing different photographs into the same Photoshop file.

Thank you

Bernadette
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.

Here's a helpful page if you have audio problems (scroll 2/3 down)

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder.

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Stephen Burns.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE