RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE - Basic Product Retouching (rebroadcast)

Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Janitor

RP LIVE - Basic Product Retouching (rebroadcast)

This is a rebroadcast of our basic product retouching show with Carrie Beene. She shows how to retouch a studio product shot, and prepare the file for client delivery. Finally, she shows how versatile a properly-prepared file can be when compositing.

Wednesday, September 16, 8pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the link below for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM

Re: RP LIVE - Basic Product Retouching (rebroadcas

Is it me or does it seem a bit wrong to charge those who saw it once already to be charged $10 - AGAIN. Other online seminars that I have paid for were rebroadcast for free to those who attended the original. It would be great to see this again as the show can move a little fast for taking notes during the show. I would be happy to pay a discounted rate being one of the original viewers, but being expected to pay the full price again is a bit of a stretch. Granted $10 is not a lot of money, it is really just the principle. Perhaps I am being a bit of a stickler here but it just doesn't seem right to me.

Houston
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am an amateur photographer and joined your group some time ago at the recommendation of a friend Flora Brandini. I have had a busy time at work with little time for my photography So hopefully I can make some time from now on

I am a surgeon fulltime and my photography has to take second place
I have a Nikon D700 and use the apple operating system I have the snow leopard now

I am attempting to start with the web cast this evening.
I hope this is the way to record my singing on to Retouch Pro

Greetings

John Chappell
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 03:07 PM

It is nighttime in Europe when it is on, can you please rebroadcast again at another time?
I also think the rebroadcasting should be free for people to watch if they paid for the first one, I almost remember nothing of the webinars I have attended, a second chance would help, some of us have english as second language. For me it would mean that I would attend more.
Oh, and the last time the sound was so bad I came away with nothing, that is also a factor
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Janitor

The rebroadcasts are simply a way to let users in other time zones view the show until my roster of presenters is full enough to do live shows suitable for all zones. They aren't designed or intended for re-views. To do that would necessitate a much different pricing structure.

I bust my hump to make these shows unique and unlike anything else that has ever existed before. So it stings a bit when people complain that they're not like "other seminars" or "other tutorials". They're live shows, aimed at giving you a peek inside the mind of a professional at work. They're not supposed to replace books or DVDs or tut sites that already exist. The rebroadcasts are just a temporary kludge during this early stage of development, not the actual purpose.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.

Here's a helpful page if you have audio problems (scroll 2/3 down)

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder.

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Carrie Beene.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
The rebroadcasts are simply a way to let users in other time zones view the show until my roster of presenters is full enough to do live shows suitable for all zones. They aren't designed or intended for re-views. To do that would necessitate a much different pricing structure.

I bust my hump to make these shows unique and unlike anything else that has ever existed before. So it stings a bit when people complain that they're not like "other seminars" or "other tutorials". They're live shows, aimed at giving you a peek inside the mind of a professional at work. They're not supposed to replace books or DVDs or tut sites that already exist. The rebroadcasts are just a temporary kludge during this early stage of development, not the actual purpose.
I can only speak for myself of course, but watching a long complicated workflow and then not being able to remember anything is very dissatisfying.
For me the purpose of a webinar is to learn.
You are right about the price though, it is a lot of info to give away for $10.
I am not suggesting people should have unlimited access, but a second view would be nice, just to take at least some information in..
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE