RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE - Texture Blending (rebroadcast)

Old 10-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Janitor

RP LIVE - Texture Blending (rebroadcast)

I enjoy every RetouchPRO LIVE show, and learn something every time. But in all honesty I have to say this was the most fun I've had doing these shows.

Photographer and fine artist Uwe Steinmueller uses a unique technique he calls "Texture Blending" to combine 2 or more photos. While the concept is simple, the results can be breathtaking. After a detailed description of his technique and a thorough demonstration of its use, we turned the show over to audience control and let them tell us which images to use and what variables to use.

The result was several thrilling images that no one (even Uwe) had ever seen before.

After the show, we invited the audience to experiment with texture blending and to post their results in the forum thread. This invitation still stands for this rebroadcast audience to come back and post in this thread (so you can still participate, if a bit later). We'll also provide a link to Uwe's notes.

Wednesday, October 14, 8pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the link below for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast

Feedback from the live show:
"A really funny Webinar! It provided me with a lot of new ideas."
"Really good webinar. Your best so far!"
"Absolutely a blast. I do this kind of experimenting on a regular basis and learned a lot from this webinar."
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Re: RP LIVE - Texture Blending (rebroadcast)

Doug,

Let me take this thread to also introduce myself. I am a photographer mainly based in the Netherlands. Active on various others forums under the same nickname.

I always receive the announcements. There are/were several broadcasts that I certainly would have like to view (including the texture blending) however for us in Central Europe the broadcast starts at 3AM (we are at CET)! In my college days I would have been able to follow that at that time but today I am vast asleep past 12.

Is there any chance you will be doing the rebroadcasts at times that are doable for us in Europe?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Like Dustbak I'm dying to see some retouchpro live events but the time thing outs me off a lot of the time - I'm in Ireland so an hour ahead of dustbak but it still means staying up quite late. ANy chance of showing them at evening time in Europe?

A big fan of RetouchPro,

Finn
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM

I'll give a plug for this webinar. It was the most fun I've had with Photoshop in a long time. Well worth the time; and you can't beat the cost anywhere.

The more I experiment, the more I learn, and the more fun I have. Attached is just one of the latest. I won't tell what it is though.

Janet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TextureBlendJSP.jpg (149.2 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Janitor

The live show was at 6pm GMT. It doesn't get much more Euro-friendly than that. This is the catchup show for the western hemisphere.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2009, 06:26 AM

count me in. I'm usually awake at that time anyway. I am really looking forward to it
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.

Here's a helpful page if you have audio problems (scroll 2/3 down)

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Uwe Steinmueller.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM

As a professional photographer and retoucher I have watched two of your webinars to date and I think it is a very cool and fun idea, but the overall experience was a bit sloppy in my opinion and really hard to watch to completion. They both were not very fluid and did not feel like the time was being used as efficiently as it should. It seemed like it took 15 minutes just to open two images at the same size and resolution...not rocket science...ya know. I realize it is a $10 experience, but it is a bit painful way of learning or hearing new and different techniques when it is not explained in a way that is easy to follow....Uwe was jumping all over the place in my opinion and really had to stop watching barely even halfway through not feeling like I was getting anything groundbreaking or that new. I guess I did not feel it was as PRO as I was expecting and felt that with both of the webinars I watched. This is in no way a slam, but hopefully some constructive criticism that may help with future broadcasts from another point of view. I am taking an advanced color theory class for three days with Dan Margulis the next three days and feel Dan or someone of his caliber...Jeff Schewe for example...would be more at a professional level.
The webinar is still playing and almost an hour into it and Uwe is still browsing his images and only shown ONE example of texture blending...really do not feel this much lead in is needed at all.

Hope this feedback helps Doug.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE