Old 10-24-2009, 05:18 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Chris Tarantino Live Redo

Thank you for the great show!

cya

Sebastian
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 05:18 PM

Amazing, it was great to see the show live again.
Ps. Thanks for answering for lips color change question . Ewen quickly made change showed the way, it may be made quite precise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 05:26 PM

Absolutely engrossing. Thanks heaps!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Nice show Cris and Doug!

Many Thanks!

Jerome
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Chris -- thank you SO much for sharing your knowledge and skills!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 07:13 PM

I've been trying to catch one of these but the times just never worked out - finally made one- and it was fantastic. I'm not a newbie and felt like I learned some great things. Thanks Chris.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 06:38 AM

Let's do a rebroad cast on all the the webinar's of Chris! This one was truly one of the best and I'm glad I was able finally get to experience Chris (I wish that damn DVD Chris was working on last year was finished!). I wish we spend more time on the use of channels for masks. I found changing the lip color interesting, but oh so fast...at least for my mind to grasp.

I have a question for Chris. I found one discussion in the webinar interesting. The question was if Chris has a Chris Tarantino look. Chris did say he had developed a "look" that the clients seek him out for. He did say, which I found interesting, that he could provide the Hill or Greenberg look he he needed to. Now that was profound! That is what many of us on this form desire to know how to create certain looks...not because we don't want our own but we also what to know that we have the tools to provide or incorporate the otherrs if we need to. So this opens some questions. Can you Chris get this look with just retouching and not with the lights from the shoot? I don't remember you participating in discussions regarding these looks, maybe you have, but any pointers you could provide? Lastly and most important, I know practice is key, but how do you continue to expand your knowledge and techniques? Do you read? If so what? Do you go to seminars? The techology continues to change so how do you keep up. thanks again...can't wait for your book and DVD (pls include alot on channels and masks).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I have a question for Chris. I found one discussion in the webinar interesting. The question was if Chris has a Chris Tarantino look.
What were we going to call it again? Wasn't it something like the "Christino" or "Christentino?"

Just Kidding....
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 12:31 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion: Maybe have the guest start off showing the different layers he will be using, explain what those layers will do, and explain what mode they are in and why - all without interruption or questions from the host. It is the show them what you'll teach them, teach them, then show them what you taught them theory.

I noticed some settings in the layers palette that either were not discussed or I missed (pass through on the top group). Also, because of all of the interruptions I felt like a couple of times Chris was going down a path and got sidetracked.

I would also have like to seen him removing some of the larger blemishes/moles and the veins in the eyes.

I did appreciate the evening of tones section. Not sure I've seen that before. Also the explanation on how long a good retouch really takes to do correctly.

Last edited by caprae; 10-25-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 01:00 PM

Good point caprae..why not let the presenter present...hold the questions until the end and then go back and review the common questions.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE