RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser

Old 11-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser

I thought this was a great webinar but I have to agree with MCherry. I think the problem was that she is not an instructor and she was not laying things out like it was a lesson to be taught. She's a working pro who admitted she didn't have a very tight workflow. The biographical stuff Doug talked to her about was interesting but I would rather have more details about the techniques. Great stuff regardless.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 PM

Loved the Webinar regardless or tech probs .Straight shooter for how she works and what she does.
Love the way she works with Curves and the Hi lights painted in . Very worthwhile and im sure we all walked away with value and knowledge of how a pro works day to day editing

Thanx for getting Amy on here Doug
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 PM

Good webinar. Always something new to learn. I finished about 1 am. in the Uk but it was woth the wait.

Thanks Amy and Doug.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Can't believe I missed this. Any replay?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 08:09 PM

It was fascinating to hear how she got her start in the business as well as her thoughts about the image she was working on -- Doug, I think you brought out some of the important points that she might not have brought up by herself.

Thanks to Amy Dresser and to Doug for this webinar and for sticking with it through the technical glitches (which are a part of life, although her ISP seems to be a glitch all by itself).
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Great webinar..interesting to learn her background...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM

as for getting your money's worth, you couldn't complain if it had just cut out when her mic first died.

interesting to see someone with such a "wrong" approach, make interesting pictures, and as always, picked up a few tips and tricks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 10:43 PM

Well done Amy!! The next presenter should be Andrzej Dragan as I'm sure he'd be much like you; mostly talent and basic brushes. Sure tricks and stuff can save time, but if you don't have an eye for it, every other thing is just a plain waste of time. All the gurus and their non-destructive layer, blah blah blah. Ha! who'd use a bunch of layers if they didn't have Clients.

Regards

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 PM

I missed everything except the last half an hour, but I still enjoyed it. Would love to see rebroadcast. Many thanks to Amy Dresser.

I try to catch almost every webinar (sometimes twice if there is a rebroadcast). I'm just hooked on this site and want to give special thanks to Doug Nelson for all the work he does.

Kat.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Amy Dresser is a true professional which is evident in the fact that she was prepared to run out to replace the broken USB connector in the middle of the broadcast. I believe we have all faced different crisis at times but it is how we deal with them that's important and I applaud her tenacity to continue on. I think problems were handled very well. I thought this was a great demonstration and tutorial of how Amy works. She is very refreshing and has a straight forward way of explaining her techniques with a humorous approach. I enjoyed it very much, learned a great deal and I hope that she will do another presentation in the near future. Sign me up please!!
Thanks again for a great show Amy, I do hope it's not your last.

Regards,
Larry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE