RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RP LIVE - "Christmas Postcard" with Steve Caplin (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/28207-rp-live-christmas-postcard-steve-caplin.html)

Doug Nelson 11-16-2009 10:36 AM

RP LIVE - "Christmas Postcard" with Steve Caplin

Following the phenomenal response we got from his RetouchPRO LIVE Halloween show, Steve Caplin has designed another holiday show in time for you to use what you learn to make your own Christmas postcard.

Steve Caplin is a professional photoillustrator and author of How to Cheat in Photoshop. His RP LIVE shows are always fun, and packed with a dizzying amount of information of use to every experience level.

Watch Steve's desktop live as he turns an ordinary street snapshot into a wintery Christmas postcard. He'll describe what he's doing as he works, and answer audience questions.

Wednesday, November 25, 2pm CST (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=caplin

jankay65 11-16-2009 11:56 AM

Re: RP LIVE - "Christmas Postcard" with Steve Capl

I am such a rank amateur that I'm embarrased to show my face on this forum, but I was wondering if this show would be beneficial to me when I only have PSE7. I usually do learn something from the "real" Photoshop tutorials and $10 is a bargain. I signed up for the Halloween show but had guests and could hardly ask them to go do something else while I watched it! But I thought about it.

Doug Nelson 11-16-2009 12:09 PM

Although Steve is a big fan of some of the newest features, I can't recall any techniques that couldn't be done in older versions. He's also very good at pointing out version-specific features and how you'd do it in older versions.

And, since it's live, you can always ask during the show.

Graphics Etc 11-16-2009 01:54 PM

I just signed up for the "Christmas Postcard" with Steve Caplin and I am sooooo excited. I got so much out of his Halloween special! This guy is great.

katie43 11-17-2009 09:30 AM

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but.... Is this the right place to ask if/when there will be a re-broadcast? My kids have dental appointments at the time of the show. Murphy's Law in full force here. I have learned so much from his other broadcasts. I really really really don't want to miss this one. Thanks for producing such fantastic learning tools!!

Doug Nelson 11-17-2009 10:45 AM

Barring tech problems there will be a rebroadcast. And obviously I'll have to work it in before Christmas.

katie43 11-17-2009 10:57 AM

Thanks, Doug :)

Also, thanks to a fortunate twist of fate, my dentist's office called to see if I can bring the kids in earlier in the day. My jaw just about hit the floor. I'll be in on the live broadcast. I am very excited! Steve Caplin is an amazing teacher.
Keep up the great work!

marydenson 11-17-2009 09:12 PM

This will be my first live broadcast and I am thrilled with the opportunity. I have painted (using watercolors) Christmas cards for several clients for 11 years and this technique will open up a new approach. If it is possible, I would love to get a DVD copy of the class and watch a rebroadcast. I am a slow learner.

cathiecarnahan 11-18-2009 08:09 AM

Help I signed up for the live link today and did not hit the button return to merchant therefore I don't have the link and log-in that I need.

Doug Nelson 11-18-2009 09:34 AM

Don't worry, I catch all those. You should have the email to get you back to where you need to be now.