RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 AM
organicphoto72 organicphoto72 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

I'm a portrait photographer of 20 years but I'm a complete newbie to retouching. I thoroughly enjoyed Amy's presentation, but I'm glad I videotaped my computer screen because I'm going to need to go through that presentation s-l-o-w-l-y to absorb and implement the many excellent tips she gave.
Reply With Quote top
  #62  
Old 12-31-2009, 08:46 AM
lavega21 lavega21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Please rebroadcast on a Saturday or evening pacific time. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
  #63  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
mochamoose's Avatar
mochamoose mochamoose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 9
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicphoto72 View Post
I'm a portrait photographer of 20 years but I'm a complete newbie to retouching. I thoroughly enjoyed Amy's presentation, but I'm glad I videotaped my computer screen because I'm going to need to go through that presentation s-l-o-w-l-y to absorb and implement the many excellent tips she gave.
I believe we are told specifically to NOT record the shows. How is Doug to get good retouchers if people are recording (and perhaps distributing the broadcast?) As a photog for 20 years you should be mindful of the repeated request to abide by the copyright.
Reply With Quote top
  #64  
Old 12-31-2009, 07:37 PM
ashtony ashtony is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Not sure if I've upset anyone,,,,,,,but I've no replies,,,,,,,,,,,,touchy thing this retouching
Reply With Quote top
  #65  
Old 01-01-2010, 12:08 AM
LloydM's Avatar
LloydM LloydM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Savannah Ga USA
Posts: 128
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicphoto72 View Post
I'm a portrait photographer of 20 years but I'm a complete newbie to retouching. I thoroughly enjoyed Amy's presentation, but I'm glad I videotaped my computer screen because I'm going to need to go through that presentation s-l-o-w-l-y to absorb and implement the many excellent tips she gave.

NOT A GOOD THING... We were specifically asked by Doug not to copy the presentation

You must be newbie at listening to instructions too....!!
Reply With Quote top
  #66  
Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 AM
TreesOfMyTime's Avatar
TreesOfMyTime TreesOfMyTime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cumberland, RI
Posts: 179
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtony View Post
Not sure if I've upset anyone,,,,,,,but I've no replies,,,,,,,,,,,,touchy thing this retouching
I don't think anyone was upset! No reason for that. At the time she was talking about the red and its relation to skin eruptions, I was mainly agreeing with the logic. I never thought of your point. Seems like a reasonable question.
Reply With Quote top
  #67  
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 AM
ShogunSho ShogunSho is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 55
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtony View Post
Not sure if I've upset anyone,,,,,,,but I've no replies,,,,,,,,,,,,touchy thing this retouching

I don't think you could expect much replies especially during this holiday celebration period. I'm sorry that I could not answer your enquiry though. I think you should wait until like the 4th-5th onward.
Reply With Quote top
  #68  
Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
ShogunSho ShogunSho is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 55
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicphoto72 View Post
I'm a portrait photographer of 20 years but I'm a complete newbie to retouching. I thoroughly enjoyed Amy's presentation, but I'm glad I videotaped my computer screen because I'm going to need to go through that presentation s-l-o-w-l-y to absorb and implement the many excellent tips she gave.

20 years of portrait photography, less than 20 days of intelligence.....
Reply With Quote top
  #69  
Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 PM
igas igas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 19
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

I hope Amy does not frequent this forum. This joker might have scared her away for good! God forbid. Doug can you delete his post?
Reply With Quote top
  #70  
Old 01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
ashtony ashtony is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Re: RP LIVE - Amy Dresser Rebroadcast 12/30/09

I hope Amy does not frequent this forum. This joker might have scared her away for good! God forbid. Doug can you delete his post?
I presume from this reply that I'm wrong, & I know I must be but I'm sure Amy wouldnt be offended by my question tho' and by the helpful & informative nature of her broadcast I'm sure she'd have been happy to explain ( Pity i only caught the rebroadcast). I have used the desaturation technique for many years but still dont understand how boosting the red channel in a preceeding layer doesnt conflict with this,,,,,,,8-),,,,,,sorry Amy
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser Doug Nelson RetouchPRO LIVE 133 03-28-2011 12:35 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser (rebroadcast) Doug Nelson RetouchPRO LIVE 24 01-06-2010 07:51 AM
Another rebroadcast of already rebroadcast? ShogunSho RetouchPRO LIVE 1 11-11-2009 09:53 PM
RP LIVE - Gry Garness (rebroadcast) 10/17/09 Doug Nelson RetouchPRO LIVE 16 10-18-2009 04:39 AM
RP LIVE - Gry Garness (rebroadcast) 08/22/09 Doug Nelson RetouchPRO LIVE 3 08-22-2009 04:02 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved