RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE with Chris Tarantino "Surprise!"

Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Chris Tarantino "Surprise

The solar curve and all the variations i used in the webinar, is to show defects that otherwise might not be seen/hard to see by the naked eye. Variations were used because each solar curve shows a different spectrum and can also catch what looks good in another solar curve.

The gradient Map was used to eliminate visually the color so I can concentrate on fixing the density variances with the soft-light technique. Color can sometimes be a great distraction as well as hiding true problems.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky3 View Post
I came in late and caught only half the show, but from what I saw, I was very satisfied. Wondering if someone who saw the entire show can comment on the first half that I missed. I saw Chris had a solar curve layer and also a gradient map. These layers weren't activated for the final edit, but what did Chris use this for? Just curious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 AM

I enjoyed the webinar, but I had many problems with the video; somehow, throughout, there were many moments when the video froze, or would just seat there, and couldn´t follow what was going on, and I missed complete sections, especially after the first few minutes. A few times the sound was weird, and I know everybody experienced that, but, mostly, it was the video that it just didn´t follow what was going on. If I was the only one having issues with the video, it must have been my connection.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Smile Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Chris Tarantino "Surprise

Hey Chris, Great webinar! I have a question about one of the techniques you used. At some point later in the broadcast you did something to correct the over all color. Could you briefly explain what you did. I think it was something other than the technique where you used the red channel at 10% opacity with a difference blend mode to tone down the color. I believe it was more of a color correction.

Look forward to your next one.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Urena View Post
I enjoyed the webinar, but I had many problems with the video; somehow, throughout, there were many moments when the video froze, or would just seat there, and couldn´t follow what was going on, and I missed complete sections, especially after the first few minutes. A few times the sound was weird, and I know everybody experienced that, but, mostly, it was the video that it just didn´t follow what was going on. If I was the only one having issues with the video, it must have been my connection.
I had a problem like this but I think it was due to having a bunch of other applications running during the webinar. It clears up if I don't have any other programs running. Try closing out everything during the event and see if it helps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2010, 12:42 PM

this looks like it was a good one
rebroadcast?
on a wednesday?
12 noon CST?
k
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Could we possibly see a before/after? For those of us who missed it, would be nice to see if it is something we would be interested in the next rebroadcast.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2010, 02:14 PM

I dont think a b4/aftr is really applicable to this particular broadcast. More was learned watching his process and techniques than with seeing his final results.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooie View Post
I dont think a b4/aftr is really applicable to this particular broadcast. More was learned watching his process and techniques than with seeing his final results.
I don't agree, with all due respect, before and after is what it's all about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Janitor

This show is available for rental on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSiLcWW1Th8
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE