RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE "Lizards" with Gry Garness

Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Lizards" with Gry Garness

Wow, that was great, even with the audio issues. It was nice to see her work on the background and not strictly on the subject. Please have Gry back again soon!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM

I think Gry coped so well with the audio issues and despite the hiccups I still learnt a lot. I wish I'd seen her previous webinars. And also wish I could afford one on one training with her. It hink that would be so fantasic. Hope to see her here again soon even though I know she's busy. Thanks Gry!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 PM

That was the worst audio for any show I have attended thanks to Gry for working through it would be great if Doug could re-schedule another show with Gry after he has resolved the technical problems with the webinar company.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 PM

I found it very informative and Gry was a real trooper with the audio issues. It is helpful just to watch someone work, that is how I first learned photoshop, and being able to see it on a full screen crystal clear is a great plus. Thanks for doing this!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Hi all

Thanks to those who had to bear with us on the audio problems. I have no idea how it sounded but I will make sure I get to sit through a recorded version. Still have no idea as to what caused the problem, but am sure Doug will figure it out.

I hope you managed to get the gist of most of it, despite a lot of corner cutting and a presenter somewhat thrown by the situation.

The blending mode on the bamboos was Multiply. Selective Colour (and Hue Saturation) were options I tested previously, but wasn't ideal in this case. Using a Color Fill is a very powerful technique, with the benefit of being able to edit the colour very easily, and the fact that you can amplify it, and then take it back. Combined with Soft Light, Overlay, Screen or Multiply it's an amazing colour correction that a lot of the very best retouchers use creatively.

Once again, I apologize for the audio and sorry I couldn't do anything about it, apart from turning off the GPU (thanks for the tip). We had actually anticipated some sound problems, as audio is the weakest link when it comes to these webcasts, and had quit all other apps and other things sucking bandwidth. In my case I now have pushed my options to the limits, with the fastest Mac I could lay my hands on and the fastest internet connection possible in my area. So I'm at a loss...

If we can troubleshoot this, I'd be happy to come back another time.

allthebest

Gry (logging out now)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:20 PM

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM

audio was definitely a distraction, especially in the beginning. Overall, however, a fantastic show that provided tons of information/techniques to try out. Many, many thanks to Gry for sharing & to Doug for putting it all together.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM

I saw your first webinar and audio was working fine. i blame myself for my own crappy connection too because screen pause multiply times (im talking 3-5 mins)...miss the whole color correct on face part would have been one of really good shows if it wasn't for audio problem. still, i learn some new tricks today and it was nice seeing gry working on fashion image with background...she did show how to retouch lizards (also apply texture) & bamboos.

looking forward to the next gry's webinar.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM

I have a friend staying with us this week; and she sat in on the webinar with me. She has no internet where she lives; and this was a treat and a half. She kept saying over and over that learning techniques like the ones presented here are exactly what she needs to further her photography work. She was thrilled beyond words. Despite the audio problems, I would count this a huge success. So thank you from both of us.

Janet

Last edited by Janet Petty; 02-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM

If you think this webinar was good, wait until you attend one without audio problems. You'll learn so much more! I can't even begin to tell you.

Bring Gry back for another one, please!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE