RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE "Lizards" with Gry Garness

Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM

Well done and audio hints

Doug,

Thanks for the efforts in steering Gry (and us) through the audio issues. I have had to demo products under those conditions and I really felt for you and Gry. I think you guys handled it as well as you possibly could - well done to both of you!

In terms of the audio, previous experience has taught me (as was evident last night) that the cursor movement vs audio quality points towards an issue with simultaneous streaming of video and audio. You will notice the same issues occurred during a zoom, even if the cursor was stationary. It is a tough one to resolve as it will probably not be reproducible.

I think the highlights for outshone the audio shortcomings, to summarise :

1. Use of screen mode dodge layer with colour sample together with standard d&b 50% grey layer
2. Grid warping in centre not on edges and masking back
3. "Unique" d&b work on eyes
4. Soft light layer at 100% with 0 sat and some lightness
5. Texture work
6. Colour brush on lips and adding noise
7. Bamboo range selection and colour fill/gradient in correction
8. Too many to mention, watch the rebroadcast...

Just generic highlights. Highly recommend this to all skill levels on the board. Hope this is not too forward as a first post here!

Werner
(one of your large South African contingent :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Lizards" with Gry Garness

Hey Werner, well said, I agree with you 100%.

This is my 2nd webinar. Both times I pick up so many techniques. Thanks Doug, Gry and all responsible. Thanks for going the extra mile (time). You more than made up for the audio glitch. Looking forward to the next in your series.

Joe S
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Cheers Joe!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 AM

Thanks a lot to Gry for her time and willing to share her skills.. it was real useful
Too bad 4 the audio problems, but I'm confident Doug will solve it in future

Thanks also to Werner 4 his highlights; a sort of this summary it will be useful for every webinar regardless any sound problem

Carlo
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 AM

someone has bought his ebook?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 AM

All her books are great...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Lizards" with Gry Garness

I could not attend this because I had to work that day. Hopefully the rebroadcast will be on a weekend and I will 'definitively' watch it.

I have three of Gry's ebooks. Retouching in Photoshop CS3 I bought a year ago and recently bought the CS4 and the one on Photoshop CS3 to CS4 to get me up and running CS4.

I wish I bought the CS3 book much earlier as I "learned" much from her ebooks. Her ebooks are easy to read and follow. I not looking to become Photoshop retoucher, but I am a photographer looking to improve my PS retouch skills on my photographs.

Do I say "learned" from her ebooks? It would better for me to say corrected my bad photo editing skills!

Another plus with Gry's ebooks is they are gorgeous to work through. When you zoom at 200% the photographs hold up and you can see the details or problem in the photographs Gry talks about. The CS4 book is 260 pages long, plenty of topics and she now includes for the CS4 ebook some sample photos for you to work on and follow.

I recommend her ebooks for any photographer who is starting out doing retouching with Fashion/Beauty photographs and looking to do it right.

Hope this help someone!

Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 PM

I know I'm a bit late in weighing in... and I did get delayed in joining in due to working on a deadline -- so I only caught the last 45 minutes -- but what a 45 minutes! My comment is:
Gry Garness was a sensational experience for me. Aside from being a superb technician, Gry was an excellent teacher by adding a lot of supplemental advice to each retouch point she discussed.
For example, when she pointed out how any Dodge and Burn also causes a loss of texture, it's like the light goes on in your brain in realizing how profound that single point can be for restoring the proper texture that is so needed to cloak retouching "side effects."
And, of course, then she gave a quick texture embellishing demo of how to add textures in the most proficient way.
Please get her back when you've solved the audio problems.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Yes Please get Gry Garness back
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Re: Well done and audio hints

Thanks for the summary post. I did watch intently, however your summary clalrified the main points nicely. Richard Lewis Hollywood, CA
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE