RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

I think the youtube idea is great. It impossible for me to make many of the shows. Will you be uploading the videos in hd? The quality is a too fuzzy in the demos. I think the price is kinda high also why not 10?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2010, 04:11 PM

I want to check them out but the fuzzy quality and the high price point is kind of a deal breaker. The quality especially, since, well, it is retouching work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Janitor

Read some of the previous posts. The quality is marvelous, 1080 HD.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 AM

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but is it possible to pay for and download any of the RetouchPro Live videos? The youtube option is not available in my country (Australia) and I can never tune into the rebroadcasts as they are on either while I am asleep (very early morning) or at work

Ignore that question, I just found the FAQ. Looks like I just have to miss out...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM

@Doug,

Any news on when this may be opened up to include the UK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Janitor

No firm wording from youtube, but I have noticed they've made some edits in the wording on my upload page that specifies "worldwide", etc. So it's definitely on the horizon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
No firm wording from youtube, but I have noticed they've made some edits in the wording on my upload page that specifies "worldwide", etc. So it's definitely on the horizon.
There's a corner of my business account with your beer money in it Doug
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Why are they so expensive? I want to try them out, but $20 is a lot for a video I'm not even buying, and when you compare it to services like Lynda with unlimited access to videos on tons of topics for $25/month.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Oh, nevermind, I saw some of the previous posts. Youtube taking 50% or 48% of the fee is completely ridiculous. Considering that this would be geared most likely towards smaller businesses, like your own, how do they expect this to be a viable option for a wider audience with that steep of percentage fee? I would keep pestering them that they charge too much and that the price deters people from using it.
I definitely think that a preview for each of the videos would be great. While I might know that the person giving the tutorial is a great retoucher if I can't see a preview of the images they are working on in the tutorial than I have no idea if it will really be beneficial to me. For all I know they aren't working on an image anymore complicated than I come across on a day to day basis, or anything as complicated as I come across on a day to day basis. The one I'm particularly interested in is reflections, just because I always get nervous when I have to do complicated reflections for clients since no one has ever showed me how and I basically fly off the seat of pants trying to figure it out and it's always devistating when you realize you can't figure it out in a reasonable amount of time and then can't google your way out of it. I simply haven't found a good tutorial on that particular topic before. So for that one I may pay the $20 if I can afford it (as everybody knows times are tough, I'm living from one invoice to the other and at a serious deficit, otherwise I probably wouldn't hesitate).
There's one other that I saw that I'm interested in but I may not be able to afford when the rentals start piling up just because like I said, at this point it's a choice between gaining skills and eating, but at the same time if I gain more skills maybe I can make more money.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 PM

As someone who is involved in producing digital photography & post production videos and has watched quite a few too! I personally think this is a great idea however...
In my experience not everyone has a great internet service (me included) to view streaming video so I also offer mine as HD downloads too (at a small cost).People who can't watch online without it stopping & starting every 20 seconds can at least download a better quality HD version to keep and watch in peace when and where they like.
It works great for me and keeps everyone happy.
Just my 2 cents...
Keep up the great site.
Cheers Simon

Last edited by plantphoto; 04-20-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE