RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Janitor

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

As of last week (the last time I bugged them) the status was still quo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Thanks Doug, i appeciate that you are doing your best for us, so no worries. It's just so dissapointing not being able to access all those wonderful tutorials :-(
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-02-2010, 11:18 AM

Hi again,

Instead of having everything with Google videos, in the meantime (for non US resident), can't you let us download the video files (after the payment via Paypal for example) ?

Amazon S3 storage is pretty inexpensive for that. You can put on a dedicated storage space any videos you want. And let us download them.

Fred
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2010, 02:21 PM

I also can't wait to rent these videos, since I am living in the Netherlands. So I didn't ;-)
I've downloaded NetShade (osx) to get an American IP, used my credit card but changed the country to US and used an Californian ZIP code (because of the sun ;-)) And this worked really well. I only have one problem and I'm sure it is not on my side. I have plenty of bandwith: 50Mb/s but the video's won't play any higher than 480. It's still worth it though, because I want to have the information anyway. The audio in these images are equally as important as the image but I would still love to see them in a higher resolution.
About the shows, themselves.. it's great to see some of the masters in action and get in to the mind of these artists and I know this is what Doug tries to accomplish. But sometimes I wish there would be less Doug and more artist ;-)
Sorry Doug, love you anyway :-) But you don't hear me complain about the price, I recently purchased a tutorial from Joel Grimes for $99.- just to see him do the double raw technique and see him use the quick selection tool, 25 min. total. haha. But still that is worth the money, just to see his workflow. So I gladly pay 10-20 dollar to see a 2 hour tutorial from a pro. So keep up the good work!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Janitor

Streaming is ridiculously complex, and one of the biggest factors is the physical distance the packets have to travel (this is one of the reasons the beta is taking so long, as YouTube has to make it work instantly and transparently on hundreds of servers all over the world. You can see why it is currently limited to the US). Yours was an interesting experiment, and honestly I'm surprised it worked at all.

As for less of me, I wish I didn't have to talk at all, but my jabbering is a primary reason I'm able to get these non-professional presenters to agree to present. You try describing what you're doing to an empty room for 2 hours, it can get surreal very quickly. Plus there's the whole audience questions thing, which is the actual point of this whole program. I wish I had a budget to hire a professional host, or at least had a voice that was easier on the ears. But in the meantime, just be glad you don't also have to see my face
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 AM

Yeah tried a proxy service too, but couldn't even get 480 quality. such a shame because it's really not that hard to sell the videos directly. I'm selling digital goods at White Rabbit Press. The shopping cart only cost $99 and includes a digital goods module. It integrates with PayPal. You can sell worldwide, making money while you sleep, and don't have to split the money with YouTube/Google.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Hi Doug!
Thanks for all the great work you're doing for this community. Really appreciate it! Is there anything that we non-U.S. residents can do to speed things up over there at Youtube? Do you have a contact that maybe we as well could bug?

Kind regards,
Karl
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Janitor

I wish I did. Believe it or not, even I don't have a contact. I email their support address, and sometimes they reply (usually they don't).

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if there is a specific show you're hoping to see and I'll try to work it into the rebroadcast queue.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE