RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Janitor

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

Jose, I fully agree with you, and am trying to renegotiate with youtube. That's probably a fool's errand, though (it's hard enough just to get a reply from tech support, they are owned by google after all). But if we get lots of views it will give me the numbers I need to enter into a contract with another streaming company. If we don't get many views, at least we have an alternative for those that can't make the live shows, and I hope $5 doesn't stand in the way of that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM

Nice work, but same problem like other eu users "
This video contains content from RetouchPRO, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. " , if someone have a solution I can try.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 03:03 AM

Exclamation Re: RetouchPRO LIVE on YouTube (beta)

The YouTube is not in beta - definitely!
It is a problem with copyrights:

"This video contains content from RetouchPRO, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Paying twice the cost you pay for the live tutorials is pretty terrible.
It sounds like youtube is offering nothing, minus headaches.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 AM

Doug,
We pay $10 now to view it during scheduled times, but the cost on YouTube is displaying $19.98- why the price increase for being able to view it in this venue?

I am happy to pay the $10- but unfortunately all the times in the past the broadcast was scheduled I am unable to view. So, this makes it much more attractive, except for the increase in price.

Doug Stroud
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 10:35 AM

I'm sorry I don't understand the pricing at all. Surely you set the price to some degree as the content producer? I see feature films for $5 why not $10 for retouchpro stuff. $20 is far too much in my opinion.

Still I wish you luck with the venture, I've been waiting for something like this as I've always been busy when the shows and rebroadcasts are on. If the price comes down I'd certainly take part.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Janitor

Wow, I must admit this backlash is unexpected. I got so many requests for an on-demand solution and so many complaints about not being able to pause and rewind that it never occurred to me that people would think those added features would be worth nothing. I'll grant that youtube is expensive, and I'm doing what little I can to convince them that their fees are excessive, but even the least expensive solution I've found (which would require that I sign a contract guaranteeing a minimum of several thousand views per month, which even our live shows don't get) would have the shows at about $15. Is that $5 difference going to keep you from watching the shows, or would I be getting the same backlash even if I'd endangered my credit and future financial stability and signed with the less expensive provider?

And I simply have no response to those that don't believe the US restriction is due to youtube's beta.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirimo View Post
I'm sorry I don't understand the pricing at all. Surely you set the price to some degree as the content producer? I see feature films for $5 why not $10 for retouchpro stuff. $20 is far too much in my opinion.
Feature films deal with hundreds of thousands of views, maybe even millions. It's much tougher when you're talking dozens. When negotiating with providers the most common opening question was "how many thousands of views per day can you guarantee?".
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM

Hi Doug. Sorry I didn't mean to come across as a backlash, at least from my part. Sure those features are worth something, just not sure if it's really worth twice the price as I've never seen one of the broadcasts. Maybe if you threw up 1 of the older broadcasts as a freebie it would go a long way to convince us that $20 is actually a bargain

A commercial VPN based proxy will get anyone outside of the US access.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 PM

Doug, to expand on sirimo's idea, maybe you could edit together a few snipits from a few vids and make kind of a promo vid (if you send me all the vids I would be willing to do that for you rofl ;-) ). Or maybe a 30 sec clip that is representative of each vid. Just a thought.

For me $20 seems very reasonable for what you are offering especially considering your end and the fees and I'm sure you are sharing the profits ($10) with the folks who made the video. Maybe you should raise the cost of the origional broadcast to $20, then everything would be right with the world again .
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE