RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE "Detective" w/Steve Caplin (rebroadcast)

Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Janitor

RP LIVE "Detective" w/Steve Caplin (rebroadcast)

Steve Caplin's RetouchPRO LIVE shows invariably get some of our most positive feedback. His charming presentation style and his dazzling knowledge of Photoshop make a winning combination.

So I was not surprised to see the enthusiastic emails and forum posts after Steve's most recent show. I was surprised, however, that one of the most enthusiastic comments came from Steve himself. He told me this was possibly his best show ever, and gives full credit to the audience. He says at the end of the show that the final image in the show is better than our promotional image (which is straight from his book!) and that the difference was the audience suggestions and questions.

So come see professional photoillustrator Steve Caplin make an image BETTER than the one on the ticket sales page. The image is made totally with Photoshop's builtin tools and commands, with no photos or clipart used at all. Everything he shows can be done with versions of Photoshop all the way back to PS7 and use no 3rd-party plugins.

Saturday, May 22, 4pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Janitor

Re: RP LIVE "Detective" w/Steve Caplin (rebroadcas

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Steve Caplin's RetouchPRO LIVE shows invariably get some of our most positive feedback. His charming presentation style and his dazzling knowledge of Photoshop make a winning combination.
Not too surprising. Steve is very knowledgeable, and is a really nice guy. I learned a lot from his books, and his forum. Although I don't seem to find time to get there much these days, I still recommend his books often.

Dave Cox
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Steve Caplin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 AM

This show was amazing - I'm always surprised of the ways someone *connects* the possibilities of PS to create something new. The idea of using the wave filter to create the basic for wood was such a What-The-? moment for me.

One main point already came up in the show: To observe how a PS master thinks when (s)he does something in PS. This is one of the (if not THE) strongest points in the whole show here. If youtube finally enables the rest of the world to rent your videos I will have veeery long evenings...

Ideas for future shows? Well, I wouldn't mind Steve explaining the filter palette and in which ways he (ab)uses them in creative ways
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Janitor

A filter show? Not a bad idea. Perhaps Steve could include some of his favorite 3rd-party filters.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE