RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE Photoshop Q&A w/Steve Caplin (rebroadcast)

Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Janitor

RP LIVE Photoshop Q&A w/Steve Caplin (rebroadcast)

When Steve and I first planned this RetouchPRO LIVE show, the idea was for it to become a semi-regular event: Steve would alternate his topical shows with a show dedicated to answering random Photoshop questions from the audience. Unfortunately, the turnout was disappointing, so we both discarded the idea as unpopular.

But in retrospect I realize the fault was purely my own. I promoted the show as "Photoshop 101" and we invited the audience members to ask any questions at all about Photoshop, however basic. The RetouchPRO LIVE audience tends to be pretty advanced, so you stayed away in droves. However, the questions that did end up getting asked were far from the basic topics I'd imagined. Many of them were quite advanced, in fact.

Since this is a rebroadcast, you have the advantage of seeing this complete list of the topics that Steve demonstrated, along with how detailed his demonstration was:
  • Displacement Maps (in-depth)
  • Linear vs. Non-Linear History (brief)
  • Recording a History Log (in-depth)
  • Vector Masks (in-depth)
  • Masks Panel (in-depth)
  • Refine Edge/Refine Mask (in-depth)
  • Scratch Disks (brief)
  • 32bit vs. 64bit (brief)
  • OpenGL (brief)
  • Hue Blend Mode (in-depth)
  • Background Eraser (in-depth)
  • Fade Command (in-depth)
  • Color Spaces (brief)
  • Working with Layers (in-depth)
  • Steve's Favorite Plugins (in-depth, and you'll see plugins you never dreamt existed)

If you'd like to see Steve do more shows like this, vote by attending this rebroadcast. If there is sufficient interest this time, we'll start doing them regularly (but with a more accurate title).

Wednesday, July 21, 2pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2010, 12:54 PM

Re: RP LIVE Photoshop Q&A w/Steve Caplin (rebroadc

It may be difficult for me attending on Wednesdays; but It would like to express my opinion about this.
I think it is a good idea to have this tutorials on PS tools and filters for the advanced users... and to have the topics, or have a pre topic forum so that the presenter has some time in advance to prepare and make the show more fluid
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Janitor

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Janitor

The ticket sales link closes in 1 hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Steve Caplin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Patron

Talking Re: RP LIVE Photoshop Q&A w/Steve Caplin (rebroadc

WELL! Heavens to Betsy as they say on this side of the pond, and Crikey or what was my dad's favourite "Hells bells and barnacles!" as they say over the briney sea. Once again I thoroughly enjoyed this webinar with Steve Caplin, but silly me, there was I thinking that since it was a rebroadcast there was no way that I could get into trouble by jumping the gun and asking questions that would ultimately be covered any way, or by getting excited and making comments when the purpose is really for questions and save the comments for the forum. Yeah I know, mea culpa... so there I am, happily sipping on my cup of Twinings 1706 and I hear my name - Bolt upright in my chair... "WHAT! What did I do,I was not even there?" During the original show World Cup was on and so sadly I missed it, but - THANK YOU Doug for remembering yours truly and her issues with the background eraser tool. It was a eureka moment for me today as I think I have finally grasped the nuances of this tool and shall be practicing with it very soon on an image other than a "the bit of stone that supports Big Ben." Don't know which made me laugh harder, that or the fact that we are all becoming I think more of a group of friends, more relaxed and not quite so proper as evidenced by Steve's comment on everyone seeing crap at the same time, (giggle) re the SRGB profile. So - the show was both educational and HIGHLY amusing.

Now - what I would love to see is some tips on working with the new 'artist' brushes in Photoshop CS5, as I do a tremendous amount of freehand drawing and find that to get the brush to aim in the direction that I want, that I have to twist my hand and stylus to unrealistic contortions.

Brilliant as usual gentlemen!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Janitor

This show is now available for rental.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 05-17-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE