RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE "Face" with Amy Dresser (rebroadcast)

Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Janitor

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolcykr View Post
what was the opacity of the white fill in her "shine" layer after she does Select>Color Range>Set Fuzziness>Fill w White Mode: Normal, Opacity:???
Believe it or not, 100%
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Janitor

Re: This afternoon's rebroadcast 09/25/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrsn View Post
What do I do now? The rebroadcast will be in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Will I be notified what to do in time?
You should have the link now. I was taking a nap between shows.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Janitor

Re: RP LIVE "Face" with Amy Dresser (rebroadcast)

Ticket sales will close in about one hour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Janitor

Ticket sales are now closed.
If you live in the US, you can rent this show via our YouTube channel. (Select 1080p and full-screen for near-live quality)

See a few posts up for troubleshooting info.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 09-25-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Amy Dresser

Thanks Doug.

Wow, it is hard to believe - I was trying it on an image and it seemed so severe.

I guess its all about the mask layer and how much you choose to leave.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 03:43 PM

thoroughly enjoyed it!
It is so nice to know that she is not a freaking ps guru too! I love that "her" technique is largely about her own vision of seeing shade and light as well as her eagle eye!
thanks
Sue
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 03:50 PM

I really enjoyed that rebroadcast - thank you Doug,
now it's so past my bedtime (Spain) lol..
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 04:33 PM

My first RetouchPro Webinar. Overall I thought it was insightful, but most of it was more of a Q&A for Amy rather than her actual retouching.

Oddly enough, I was actually disappointed by the quality of her RAW image. Maybe it was the web stream, but right out of the box it seemed pretty flawless. Aside from some minor cloning, color and tone touch ups there wasn't all that much for Amy to do and if she didn't have to talk I bet she could have wrapped up the whole thing in 30 minutes or less.

Definitely learned a couple things (slapping my head over the Opacity vs. Flow) and her shine technique was something I hadn't seen before, but overall my notepad was a bit more bare than I expected.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setcamper View Post
My first RetouchPro Webinar. Overall I thought it was insightful, but most of it was more of a Q&A for Amy rather than her actual retouching.

Oddly enough, I was actually disappointed by the quality of her RAW image. Maybe it was the web stream, but right out of the box it seemed pretty flawless. Aside from some minor cloning, color and tone touch ups there wasn't all that much for Amy to do and if she didn't have to talk I bet she could have wrapped up the whole thing in 30 minutes or less.

Definitely learned a couple things (slapping my head over the Opacity vs. Flow) and her shine technique was something I hadn't seen before, but overall my notepad was a bit more bare than I expected.
That's what happens when you have pictures of pretty people with relatively good skin to retouch. As for her technique, I can see where she is coming from. She is a painter so for her its all about highlights and shadows. I feel like she works purely on instincts...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 AM

I enjoyed Amy's presentation and I learned a lot though I had to distill it for my own use with Paintshop Pro X3. I feel it advanced my abilities in many ways. I do have a few critiques for future presentations.

1) Doug, you are pretty skilled so it is good where you repeat a series of steps that the presenter has done so we can all get it. If I take notes, I miss something on the screen. However, you do too much chit chat. I would prefer the presenter discuss what they are doing and why. Then you can elaborate or question as needed.

2) It would be nice if the paid audience could have access to watch the presentation again during a 30 day period on their own. We can't absorb it all in one sitting.

3) Starting with a great model picture really doesn't help so much. I would like to see a more realistic photo being retouched, one with dark and red spots. Retouching almost invisible flaws is not the same as very visible ones where more skill is needed. By removing much of the chit chat, maybe both type can be done.

Overall it was good but could be made better so thanks.
Ron
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE