RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE "Zombie" with Scott Valentine (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/31404-retouchpro-live-zombie-scott-valentine.html)

Doug Nelson 10-27-2010 01:41 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE "Zombie" with Scott Valentine

The free Halloween show that just aired is funny and a bit creepy. This new live Halloween show is not. It's more disturbing and a bit...gross.

For our special all-new Halloween RetouchPRO LIVE show, join mad scientist Scott Valentine as he shows us his techniques for creating zombies.

From Scott:
"I will combine 3D, layer effects, channel operations, and masking to transform a beautiful woman into a decaying zombie. We'll take a look not only at building up the portrait, but setting the mood and expression to sell the story. This presentation will make use of Photoshop CS5 Extended and Daz|Studio Advanced, but I will discuss alternative methods for achieving similar looks."

You will view Scott's full-sized desktop live via your web browser as he creates these zombies using Adobe Photoshop CS5. Scott will explain what he's doing along the way, with me (Doug Nelson) along to forward audience questions.

Please remember to click "Return to Merchant" after paying so you can complete your registration.

Saturday, October 30, 4pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=valentine

amica999 10-27-2010 07:43 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Zombie" with Scott Valentine

Doug, you might want to adjust the date :-)

Doug Nelson 10-27-2010 11:56 AM

Thanks. It was very early when I posted that :)

Doug Nelson 10-29-2010 02:23 PM

I just finished the "rehearsal" with Scott. I was amazed at the amount of time and prep he's put into this. It's going to be a very educational show, even for those with no interest in zombies (if there is such a thing). The bit with the oranges is amazing.

He's also cut a deal with Daz for a special discount that will only be available to show attendees this weekend, but he assures me the 3D portion of his technique has workarounds. In fact, he's going out of his way to show workarounds for all the techniques that involve PS5-specific or Extended-specific features.

Doug Nelson 10-30-2010 11:59 AM

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.

Doug Nelson 10-30-2010 01:37 PM

Final few minutes remain to sign up for today's Halloween-themed show.

Doug Nelson 10-30-2010 02:33 PM

The ticket sales link is now closed.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Scott Valentine.

Mommazon 10-30-2010 03:39 PM

I tried to type in questions and no idea if they are making it through...

There is a lot of great info and I would really like to be able to refer back to it. I was being respectful and not recording the lesson...How can I refer back to some of the tips and tricks at a later date?

Thanks for the time to do the demonstration...you're quite talented.

btw...I'm married with kids...;-P

bpearce2001 10-30-2010 05:16 PM

What is the Daz 3D normal price? Scott mentioned they have it on sale right now, but I don't see anything that indicates a sale price. GREAT PRESENTATION btw!

Becky

lokki 11-01-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommazon (Post 278172)
How can I refer back to some of the tips and tricks at a later date?

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the presentation - I know a lot of it flies by, and I actually left out a few elements for refinement. It's tough to know who is at what level without immediate feedback, which is why Doug puts up these threads.

So - how can I help? :)