RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RP LIVE "Matching" (rebroadcast)

Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Janitor

RP LIVE "Matching" (rebroadcast)

Viewer feedback after a RetouchPRO LIVE show normally runs the gamut from positive to negative. Our most recent live show, however, was the first time viewers actually went out of their way to let me know they thought it was the best webinar they'd ever attended.

If I do say so myself, it did end up being an exceptional show. One dodge and burn technique inparticular left me bug-eyed with amazement and got comments from the audience of "that one tip alone paid for this show".

On our next RetouchPRO LIVE rebroadcast, watch pro retoucher Chris Tarantino as he not only shows how he retouches these 3 headshots, but also how he balances and matches them so they look like they belong together when printed side-by-side in the same magazine.

Wednesday, February 9, 6am or 2pm CST (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=rebroadcast
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Re: RP LIVE "Matching" (rebroadcast)

Is this going to be in the library to rent soon? I can't do this Wednesday.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Janitor

This show is now available for rental.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 04-19-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Good to know, great, I thought it takes months for this stuff to be there. Heading over.

Thanks Doug.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Janitor

The ticket sales link for the AM show is now closed. Ticket sales for the PM show will remain open for a few more hours.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Doug, I think is unfair tell that the Webinar is unrecordable just one minute before the start.
You're saying that you're rebroadcasting Webinars for out-of-US people but we aren't (I'm not) US English mother tongue, we have to listen and listen them again to perfectly understand what you're saying.
Isn't our fault if YouTube doesn't broadcast out of USA.
Regards.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Janitor

The ticket sales link is now closed.
This show is available for rental.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 12-29-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Hi Doug

I really appreciate what you are doing and I have learned a lot from the shows that I have rented. One thing I am trying to crack is how popular UK magazines such as Nuts and Zoo get the models skin to look a specific suntanned tone and then match it across all models. I thought I would find out from this rental but was disappointed. Chris presented the curves already completed and when I try and replicate what he showed I get nothing like the effect and so I am none the wiser. It would be good to have a whole webinar on how to go about getting from A to B using curves across a series of photos of models (available in the UK please).

The effect that I am talking about can be seen in this photo (warning to anybody who might be offended it is topless photo)

Regards
Philip Ryalls

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....%2Fit4Q0LSU%3D
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Janitor

I can see how the title missed the mark for you, though I honestly had never considered someone might actually want to match one person's skin to another completely different person's skin. I don't think it would be too difficult, though. Just put color samplers on similar patches and use any number of different adjustment methods to make them match. I'd probably use curves, but I've also seen Hue/Sat used and even a color blend mode layer. I suspect the crucial bit would be the masking, so you might want to check out Chris's shows on masking and calculations.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Hi Doug

Thanks for the reply, I have tried colour samplers and matching the numbers with curves. I have also tried blend modes, but neither worked. I should say that I am primarily a photographer and I retouch my own photographs. Rightly or wrongly this look is popular over here and models want portfolio shoots looking like the example I gave. The question is how do I get the retouched photos from my shoots to look like this.

I think this might be a good show for Gry to do, she mentions in her ebook that she trained Alison Webster who is one of the main photographers working in the UK glamour market.

Regards
Philip
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE