RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

Suggestion to Make Videos Available to Non-US

Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 PM

Suggestion to Make Videos Available to Non-US

Hello Admin! I have a suggestion for users who want to rent the videos but are not from the US. Youtube has the option to make the link unlisted so only people with the link can watch the video. All you need to setup is the link to your paypal so we can make payment for each videos we want to watch. After you've received payment from us, you can send the link via our email. You can then delete the link after however many days we're allowed to watch. That way, we're still abiding by the rental rules.

I think this is a good option for now while we're all waiting for youtube to make the rental program available internationally. I know it'll require a little more effort than Youtube's Rental Program but it's the only thing I can think of so we're not missing out on awesome techniques and you're not missing out on sales as well. Who knows when Youtube will make it available internationally. It's not very productive to just wait so please please consider this option for us non-US residents.

I'm sure beside myself, many are ready to pay and learn, and if it'll take a couple of days for you to send me the link, that's fine with me....better than months or years.

Anyone like my suggestion or have a better option, please post it here so we can find a good solution for all of us.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Janitor

Re: Suggestion to Make Videos Available to Non-US

Thanks for the thought you've put into this, but private videos (this is what you're talking about) are limited to 20 viewers. You also can't have a video available both for rental and private.

For now we're stuck with the rebroadcasts for non-US viewers. Let me know the shows you're looking to see and I'll try to work them into the rebroadcast queue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 AM

Hi Doug, I'm actually referring to UNLISTED videos, not private. Unlisted just means the video is uploaded but won't be listed on Youtube, So without the link from the uploader, you can't find the video even if you search on Youtube.

I want to watch Amy Dresser's retouch videos. Is that possible? I thought that none of the videos were available for non-US viewers? Please let me know how I can go about to view your videos that would be much help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Janitor

Watch the email list for announcements of Amy's rebroadcasts. We just did one a week or so ago, but I'll see if I can't squeeze another in during the upcoming weeks.

I do the rebroadcasts specifically for those outside the US, at two very widely spaced showtimes to take the timezones into consideration. And I'll keep doing them as long as YouTube stays in beta-testing.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE