RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE "$10 Ring" with Steve Koshlap

Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "$10 Ring" with Steve Koshlap

http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=koshlap

Above the before / after images on the page, it says:

"Here is the image Steve will be retouching, and how it will end up:"

and not "re-shooting".

To me there's no room for interpretation here. I do not want to be picky on small words, but this changes totally one's expectation. And while there are people here that will undoubtedly benefit from all of the content of this show, I consider myself an advanced retoucher and I pick carefully the shows that will bring me something more than what I already know or what I can find for free in the internet. I don't expect miracles or life changing knowledge, just a new way to handle a specific retouching problem that did not exist here.

And it is not the 10$ price that bugs me, I pay because I support the community and the idea of the show for years. It is the disappointment of not getting what you expected and the Saturday night that I'd have otherwise spend with friends and family outside the room.

Last edited by cruel.frames; 08-14-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2011, 08:43 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "$10 Ring" with Steve Koshlap

Cruel.frames- I apologize for not delivering to your expectations! For me, the most challenging aspect of presenting a show like this is the very, very wide range of experience levels in the audience. I really have no idea of who the audience is.
In this show, I wanted to supply a subject that has not been presented before, a small studio photo workflow showing product photography and retouching from start to finish, in hopes of drawing back the curtains for the people who would just like to know what those steps are.
When I view tutorials these days, my expectation and hope is to pull out one or two useful tips to add to my own bag of tricks, but that doesn't always happen. If it didn't happen for you, again, I apologize. In any event, I understand your concerns and will consider them while preparing future shows.
-Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Smile Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "$10 Ring" with Steve Koshlap

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your reply. Please don't get me wrong. As I mentioned in my first post, I don't have anything against the show itself. It was quite good and I am sure it would have been perfect for me a few years ago. I like your work, and that's why I subscribed again and will do so in the future.

My problem was with the description and the posted on the website "before image" which was not the main image used in the retouching part. I guess you will agree that without the tent shot, retouching this piece to the final result would have been quite a challenge. This was what actually got me interested and this was what I expected to see.

Sorry if I overreacted. Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE