RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE "Jewelry Lighting" with Jim Lawson

Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Jewelry Lighting" with Jim La

I have posted a gallery with 2 before and after images, one from the webinar and another one that I created today using the same techniques that I talked about in my retouching session. The only differences being that I used 7 images and that I used a different lighting technique for the finished image.

http://gallery.me.com/jiml1948#101897

I also wanted to say that if one is interested in learning about the Lab color space I would refer them to Dan Margulis's book “Photoshop Lab Color” . Or you can go to Kelby online training and look at the many sessions that Dan has there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 PM

The first hour is great. I'd love to watch the second hour, but the buffering speeds on the video rental are super slow. I get two seconds before it pauses and I have to wait. My internet is 18 megabits/second and I'm running an 8gb ram computer. I've even tried reducing the resolution speed of the video while watching it - still, the same two seconds of video, pause, then more buffering...then another two seconds of video. I have to piece together sentences in my head. It's taken me all day to get through the first hour. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Janitor

I wasn't even aware our rentals had variable resolution/speed, that's why I have the speed caution at the top of every page. What country are you viewing from?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM

California. Right click, and select high, med, low
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Janitor

Ah, that's a Flash thing that has nothing to do with the streaming video resolution. I'll report the slowdown, but from California there should be no problem. It should reroute to an alternate server milliseconds after detecting a streaming slowdown. Which makes me suspect it might be a local problem. Send me an email with the address you used to rent the video and I'll see what I can track down. Verify your Flash version and try another browser in the meantime. We can continue troubleshooting via email so as to not derail Jim's thread.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM

I haven't watched any recorded sessions in a while, but I too, had the buffering issues Saturday, 10/15, around 8:30 pm pst. Tried again Sunday morning at it was fine, except for the previous recorded audio issues.

I do have another question for Jim. I was wondering if he could provide a link to Dan Margulis's website where we may find his Photoshop Configurator. I have taken some of Dan's live shows at Photoshop World as well as a few of his Kelby training classes, but it has been sometime and this looks to be something fairly new because I do not recall seeing it.

Thank You,

Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM

Never mind Jim, I did find the link to Dan Margulis's site that I was after. Here it is in case someone else is looking for it. http://www.ledet.com/margulis/ppw

Paul
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE