RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

The End of RetouchPRO LIVE???

Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 AM

Re: The End of RetouchPRO LIVE???

Just joined Retouch Pro and looking forward to attend future web casts!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Quite frankly I'd never even thought about this Janet. I'm sure that others are providing this and that its helpful. This is good info for me to think about providing for my next LIVE show.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Petty View Post

I have to applaud presenters who have downloadable PDFs. Those notes have made the viewing more valuable. I'm not scrambling to take notes while fearing that I might miss something, writing it down wrong, or pausing to type questions. Even a basic outline would help those of us who take notes. I for one am not going to remember everything in detail a week or a month from the actual presentation. Those notes are essential.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2015, 03:26 PM
Patron

I love the live shows - that opportunity as you watch if you haven't quite understood something to ask a question is so valuable. I also like the idea of posing questions in advance (although I am sure this would add to your workload and you do so much already).
Generally shows for me mean getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning, but it is worth it and I think it is also up to your community of patrons to help spread the word to others.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Patron

I enjoy and value your live shows, and hope they will continue. But the Saturday shows are sometimes difficult for me to schedule because there are just so many other things competing for my time. I try to squeeze your shows in anyway – sometimes to the dismay of my family – simply because I've learned so much from them.

Anyway, with my experience in mind, I wonder if it might be helpful to survey your members to determine the optimum day and time for your show?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2015, 07:18 PM
Patron

Love the live shows and try to watch them when I can. Its great you also put them up on Your tube afterwards and that you have the longer tapes to hire....as they also have lots of really useful information.

Thanks to all your speakers - the live element of watching some one work and seeing their setup is really valuable.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2015, 07:07 AM

I like the live shows.. !!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Patron

As the banner on the site reminds me, I've not posted before, however I recently have watched as many of the live webinars as I could, and it IS possible to multitask, especially if you have two monitors. I often like to work side by side with the webinar, and I try to ask questions. I like the informal venue, the professionalism, and so I became a patron. And I will donate more than the minimal fee asked. Whether or not I use the skills everyday on what I am learning, I always come away with a new skill, idea or possibility.
For that I thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 AM

Ive been to a few live shows. I have to set a clock timer for 40 minutes before show starts so I REMEMBER TO COME...and even then I often get distracted away by some issue or attention grabber.

I love that they are on You Tube...I have watched more delayed broadcasts than live...because its on my own TIMETABLE on some OTHER DAY. We have become a nation of time-shifters!!

DOUG, I hear ABC, NBC and CBS all have the same agnst...Why are my live (news + specials) ratings down? 2-3% share of households for a major production??? They advertise the show and still people are coming home late from soccer, being too tired that day, a wife wants to talk, time is wrong, my kids need a story etc

People are renting because they are willing to pay to have the training available at their own convenience (after the kids have been in bed for over an hour)...now I can concentrate on MY STUFF!

People want training on demand, on the subjects they need right now, they want to pick and choose... How about 11pm on Wednesday night...Nope. Then its gotta be 9:14pm on Sunday night...finally got a few free moments...I have to scrub the video some...dont have time for the full show...ill take small tidbits of good info...this retouching thing is a hobby you know!!! Takes 6th billing right after my boss, my wife, my kids, my sanity, my favorite show, my ability to to absorb etc...

Dont be in agnst at your Live Ratings and attendance...do the great material you do with 3 live viewers...more of us will see it in time shifted version and really still enjoy the content...when we are ready for it. I wasnt really needy about last weeks subject...but when that subject comes up in a project im working on... I will find it... and I will watch most of it!! Gosh...I wish it had a table of contents by time and subject...then I could get what I N E E D ... from 20:15 to 35:06

Ray

Last edited by ray12; 11-08-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE