RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

Announcing RetouchPRO Concentrate

Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Janitor

Announcing RetouchPRO Concentrate

I'm pleased to announce a new type of video program from RetouchPRO. It's called "RetouchPRO Concentrate" and each video will have a single presenter concentrating on a single topic. These videos will be shorter than the RetouchPRO LIVE shows, but more densely-packed with information, and also considerably less expensive ($3 for a 3-day rental).

As with RetouchPRO LIVE, the emphasis will be on showing high-end techniques suitable for commercial work. However, these shows will not share RP LIVE's chatty, informal feel and audience participation. RetouchPRO Concentrate will be a concentrated infodump that will have you frequently pausing and rewinding.

Our premier offering is "Andrew Rodney Concentrates on Display Calibration". It is a very deep dive into every aspect of precision calibration for your monitor, a must for professional-level work. It's a 45-minute show that covers the following:
  • What is display calibration and why you have to calibrate and profile a display
  • Calibration targets (what to set and why) and why the numbers don't necessarily matter
  • A look at two display calibration products
  • Soft proofing and rendering intents
  • Tips for effective screen to print matching
Depending on response I have plans for many more shows, both from Andrew and from other presenters. Obviously at this price point we need a much higher volume to justify our presenters' time. So if you'd like to see more of RetouchPRO Concentrate, show your support by renting this first show. If you like it, please recommend it to others.

http://www.retouchpro.com/rentals (scroll down to Andrew Rodney's Shows)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Janitor

Re: Announcing RetouchPRO Concentrate

Several people have viewed this first RP Concentrate show. Does anyone have any feedback on the new format?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 AM

Please help! My computer crashed after logging in to see the video. When I try to log in again, it tells me I am already logged in as another user and must log out to continue ... how do I do this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Janitor

You might have to just wait for it to timeout (usually an hour or so). You might be able to get ahold of someone over at dacast.com using their live chat support, though it's Sunday so they might not be there (but do try).
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 AM

The timeout worked, thanks. I highly recommend the show - and I would like to see more. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Patron

Watched the Andrew Rodney presentation on monitor profiling and calibration. It cleared up a couple of misconceptions and enabled me to properly profile my monitor and printer.

Thanks, and give us more of these!

Curtis
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE