RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

Can we see a Pro Live video on Color Grading?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 AM

Re: Can we see a Pro Live video on Color Grading?

+1 for this.
RetouchPro already contains more or less everything anyone could need to get a firm grip of retouching, EXCEPT for colour grading. That's the single missing link in this entire enterprise. Countless (endless?) threads have been created and fizzled, with nobody ever coming to close to offering guidance on magazine-style colouring.

I don't buy it. There is something left to be taught, but either nobody wants to or nobody knows. Well, that's a lie. SOMEBODY knows. Find them
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM

For sure amy dresser can do this or as i allways wish .. Chris crismanns retoucher Evf digital imagine .
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM

Whoever they find, if they do, I would like to see some examples before I buy into it. Can Chris Tarantino do this? Its possible, but I would like to see the work he's done for Vogue, Elle, Harpers Bazzar. And I'd especially like to see what he did for Meisel.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM

Maybe Doug can ask Chris...or Amy?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 06:24 AM

Hi Glam

No secrets really. I'm more than willing to do a show for stuff like this. I think I offered up something like this a couple of years ago but there wasn't much interest at that time. As for seeing the meisel stuff I've worked on I don't have permissions for before and after. Nothing lately for the magazines to see tear sheets for. But in talking with Doug about a show on tis it seems that using a shot from a Photos site offering free usage would benefit all as then you'd have a shot to try out the stuff along with the show etc. If you find shots that you want to use from such a site let me know and we can get this going as soon as its possible.
Grading isn't difficult but there are so many ways to do it and some involve masking and some don't. It all depends on how deep you want to get into it. The new feature in CS6, the CLUT adjustment layers goes a long way into achieving these kind of possibilities. This feature shows a lot of promise.

I realize that there are a lot of D&B tutorials for the live shows. They are still happening because there are still some who want to see them.I'm happy to do shows on anything Photoshop related. Skin and Beauty aren't the only things I do.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM

So let's set a date guys, I am in for this......I don't know the photos site but I am happy to set some images available if they are of any use for the show....
Rich
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM

Sounds good Chris. I will definitely attend this show as I think many other will since this will be the first of it's kind. What's the next step? Doug, can you set this up please?

I'm not familiar with CLUT in PS6 so I'll need to Google it but anything that makes this possibly sounds good to me.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Chris And BTW, I bought your book, just arrived yesterday.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 AM

And BTW, there's a HUGE thread over at Model Mayhem where grading is discussed, especially revolving over the Gucci ads and how they get those dark blue/teal sky tones along with the skin tones.... It's a long thread with many people trying to dissect it by showing saturation maps and all other sorts of things. Then you have everyone trying their techniques on there own images and most don't even come close to it. I think that as soon as all these people hear that there will be a live show on this they will all sign up on the spot!

Here are some threads on MM:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=828549

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=826087

And the big one : http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=746230
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Patron

Photoshop CS6 will have more tools to emulate cross processing. This will make creating the "look" you are talking about much simpler.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Janitor

If someone owns copyright to a model-released image they think would make for a good show on this topic with Chris, email me a thumbnail to dnelson at this domain.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE