"Andrew Rodney Concentrates on Buying a Display" is a companion piece to Andrew's calibration show. All the calibration in the world won't change a display designed for gamers or PowerPoint into one suitable for retouchers or photographers.
This is a 40-minute show you can rent for $3 that covers the following:
- The goal is a display system for retouch work and digital imaging
- Display characteristics: panel type, gamut, size, backlight, contrast
- Deciphering specs, marketing hype
- Bit depth (not the bit depth of your images)
- The benefit of "smart" display systems