RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE - 5/26/15 Photoshop 3D Navigation (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/38579-retouchpro-live-5-26-15-photoshop-3d-navigation.html)

Doug Nelson 05-25-2015 01:02 PM

RetouchPRO LIVE - 5/26/15 Photoshop 3D Navigation

RetouchPRO LIVE with Steve Caplin
Photoshop 3D: Navigation

This particular episode of RetouchPRO LIVE came about from my own frustration. I understand most things about Photoshop, but everytime I try to work with the 3D interface I hit a brick wall. Or go through it. Or end up under it looking up at it. Or half a mile away and sideways. Don't even get me started about the lights and camera.

Suffice it to say I don't understand Photoshop's 3D interface, not even the basics of putting one object on top of another. It made sense to me that I should ask the man who wrote the book (literally) on Photoshop 3D for help.

On Tuesday's RetouchPRO LIVE watch the screen of photo-illustrator Steve Caplin as he shows us how to move things around in Photoshop's 3D interface.

Depending on attendance and feedback, we could have further shows on lighting, rendering, etc.

After Steve's demonstration, we'll open it up to general audience questions about how to do anything in Photoshop. You can upload images if that helps with your question. Please upload your files before showtime. The access code for uploading is "navigation" and please follow the rules.

There's no need to shrink your files, you can even include your layers if you like.

Tuesday May 26, 2015 3pm Central US time
(there's a timezone converter on the registration page)
Click here to register

Doug.S 05-27-2015 08:49 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - 5/26/15 Photoshop 3D Navigat

Darn, I was planning to attend and had an unforeseen interruption, so missed by a couple hours. By chance was it recorded? if so, a link to see video?

Doug Nelson 05-27-2015 07:08 PM

This show recording is now up on Youtube

Doug Nelson 05-28-2015 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In case anyone doubts I'm actually practicing after watching the 3d show:

Doug.S 05-30-2015 09:01 PM

Thanks for the You Tube recording, just watched it and learned some 3D Ps stuff. Look forward to next show.
Feedback for others who wish to use a real 3D program, but entry level, try these:
- min cost (free), but somewhat difficult to use = Blender
- free and reasonably easy to use = SketchUp (often used for architectural; was a Google product, but sold a couple years ago, but still very useful and gets updated)
- moderate cost (a few hundred $, not $2K) and easy to learn and use = Carrara Studio
- modeling only, very low cost = Hexagon
- for architectural floorplans and 3D renders = Personal Architect (remodel or design your house and landscaping)

Doug