RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

Reasons for not guesting on RetouchPRO LIVE

Old 06-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Janitor

Reasons for not guesting on RetouchPRO LIVE

I thought you might enjoy reading some of the reasons I've been offered for declining my offer of appearing as a guest artist on RetouchPRO LIVE.

I suspect many of them are actually tactful ways of saying "who are you, go away, stop wasting my time", but still I thought some of them were interesting.

Fear of an audience - This has already been spectacularly overcome on more than one occasion, but it's something I wrestle with myself so I'm sympathetic
Slow broadband - Probably the most frustrating, keeps some entire countries from participating
Too much competition already - I just have to smile and shake my head when I get this one. As if their top-secret brush settings will protect their income.
My downtime is for my family - I actually get this a lot, a concept foreign to me but I guess I respect it
I hate talking about Photoshop - This one I totally get. It's a shame, but I've been there so I can't argue with it
I don't own a computer - One of the rarer ones, but comes up more than you'd think. In fact, it inspired this post this morning. This last one was followed by "...and won't be getting one unless a client pays for it", which is just being an ass
I don't know enough - I find this one sort of charming, and two of our most popular shows came from my efforts to overcome this one. It's so much better than getting halfway through a show and discovering the guest is actually an idiot that thought they knew it all
I don't work for free - Simultaneously a jerk attitude, but I also respect it

I'll add more as they come to me.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Re: Reasons for not guesting on RetouchPRO LIVE

I comment too much and am a vise ass all around so you ban me ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Janitor

I didn't ban you, I kicked you for being a distraction. Your flurry of inane comments were pushing the other comments off the screen. I can't very well stop the show and say in front of 100 people "Jakov, please stop typing "ha ha" and other gibberish". And I can't abandon the live show to chat with you privately. So I kicked you. And as you found out, you were perfectly able to immediately rejoin. But it got your attention and I was able to concentrate on the show.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2015, 06:04 PM

Doug, I'm not upset, you don't need to explain yourself.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE