Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE - Lightroom HDR

Old 08-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Janitor

RetouchPRO LIVE - Lightroom HDR

RetouchPRO LIVE with Mark Fitzgerald
Lightroom HDR

For our next episode of RetouchPRO LIVE, Mark Fitzgerald returns to continue his in-depth examination of Adobe Lightroom.

This time Mark will be discussing his HDR (High Dynamic Range) workflow. He'll show how he uses Lightroom's HDR features. In addition, he'll show how he uses the two leading HDR plugins for Lightroom, Photomatix Pro and Nik HDR Efex Pro. Finally, he'll compare and contrast all three.

And of course he'll answer all your questions during his presentation. He'll also stick around afterwards to answer any general Lightroom questions you may have.

Tuesday August 11, 2015 3pm Central US time
(there's a timezone converter on the registration page)
Click here to register
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Janitor

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Lightroom HDR

Here are the links to the plugin manufacturers mentioned in the show. Both have free trial versions available for download at these links.

Photomatix Pro
Nik HDR Efex Pro
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Janitor

This show is now available for viewing up on Youtube
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2015, 04:49 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

If you were watching this show you probably saw one of those interesting things that happens when doing a live program. I went to use the Photomatix Pro plug-in in Lightroom, it was missing. I was surprised because it had just been there earlier in the day when I was preparing for the program. Well here's what happened...
Just before the show I got a warning that my system hard drive was almost full. The laptop I was using for the show has a fast but small system drive and another drive for photos. I didn't want to run into problems during the show so I did the usual cleanup to my drive, including purging my Downloads folder. And that is what caused the problem. When I last downloaded and installed the latest version of Photomatix Pro, it was installed from the Downloads folder and it stayed there. Installers from most software companies either install directly to the Applications folder or help the user move the program to the Applications folder manually. But the Photomaitx installer doesn't work that way. I wasn't paying attention when I installed Photomatix and forgot to move it myself. That's why it disappeared when I purged my Downloads folder. So let this be a lesson for us all. When installing a new app, make sure it gets moved out of Download by the system or yourself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2015, 04:58 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

During the Lightroom HDR show Doug asked me to post before and after photos from one of the more HDR-y photos I discussed. Here they are. I don't usually push the HDR effect this far. But I do believe it's completely legit to get crazy when the effect fits the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fitzgerald-HDR-Before.jpg (86.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Fitzgerald-HDR-After.jpg (80.7 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE