RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE - Christmas Transformation (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/38958-retouchpro-live-christmas-transformation.html)

Doug Nelson 12-20-2015 10:02 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE - Christmas Transformation

RetouchPRO LIVE - Christmas Transformation
Guest Artist - Steve Caplin

On Tuesday's RetouchPRO LIVE, we continue our annual Christmas tradition of watching Steve Caplin holiday up a very non-holiday image.

We won't know the techniques Steve will show until showtime, but we're likely to see some day-for-night, snow and ice effects, and quite a bit of illumination. Plus a ton of other selection, compositing, and transformation techniques.

The reason we can't know what we'll see is that it all depends on you. We need you to upload images for Steve to use during the show.

Upload the following images:
  • Backgrounds that could benefit from a Christmas makeover
  • Holiday props like gifts, toys, sleds, ornaments
  • Anything else you think might contribute to a wonderful Chrismas photomontage
After he finishes his photomontage, Steve will stick around to answer any general Photoshop questions you may have.

Tuesday Dec. 22, 2015 3pm Central US time
(there's a timezone converter on the registration page)
Click here to register

TriniK 12-21-2015 09:07 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Christmas Transformation

Looking forward to this. I have uploaded three images which Steve might find useful. All bought and owned by me. I have extracted them from their backgrounds as they were used by me in a recent project for a client. Cheers!

nikon1 12-21-2015 11:45 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Christmas Transformations

I too am looking forward to this presentation. I have uploaded an image [kem_smith.jpg] in hopes it will be chosen for this presentation (or at least learn how I can accomplish the transformation myself in CS6).

This image was taken by me in the south-central town of Hunt, TX. I like the image but would like to enhance it with SNOW! This is never going to happen naturally in our climate (it's Dec 21 today and it is 72). I believe I could add a satisfactory effect of "falling" snow in CS6, but I have no idea how to create several inches of the stuff on the ground. Or even if it is even possible. Unless the sky is changed out, falling snow would look strange. There wasn't a cloud in the sky that morning. So, bright sunshine + snow on the ground?

So that is my Christmas Transformation challenge.

HO, HO, HO

jhowle 12-22-2015 04:35 PM

I was happy that you used my "sad Santa" and his bag. He was in the waiting room of the Orthopedic Clinic... he fell and hurt his knee so he was in pain but had a dry sense of humor and let a couple of us make pictures of him.

Judy

Doug Nelson 12-22-2015 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a slightly downrezzed JPG of the image Steve made during today's show.

Doug Nelson 12-23-2015 04:32 AM

The show recording is now up on Youtube