Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE - Valentines Card

Old 02-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Janitor

Guest Artist: Steve Caplin

During our Danse Macabre show, Steve Caplin teased me about being a romantic. But he got positively giddy when I suggested doing a special show for Valentine's Day. We exchanged emails discussing the merits of hearts vs. cupids, and imagined sentimental verses that would make Shelley and Byron look butch.

Join us for this Tuesday's episode of RetouchPRO LIVE, when professional photoillustrator Steve Caplin will construct a Valentines card. It will be designed for printing, with an inside verse and a fold. There may be lace involved.

Even the hardest hearted will want to watch Steve's screen as he covers such areas as designing for duplex printing, using guides, and Photoshop's typography controls.

And, of course, Steve will be answering your questions live as he works, and he'll stick around afterwards to answer any general Photoshop questions you may have. This is a unique opportunity for live help, unavailable anywhere else.

Tuesday, Feb. 9, 3pm Central US Time
(there's a timezone converter on the registration page)
Click here to register
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Janitor

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Valentines Card

Here's the handout I shared during today's show
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Card Envelope Sizes.pdf (23.3 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2016, 03:44 AM
Janitor

This show recording is now up on Youtube
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Patron

Talking Re: RetouchPRO LIVE - Valentines Card

A wee bit late - rather busy, but in response to Steve Caplin's own response to my question as to whether he thought there was a possibility in any upcoming version of Photoshop to have the ability to "tear off" tool panels, such as one is able to do in Illustrator, and to which he said - "Why would anyone want to?" time did not permit me to say "Why not?"

Instead of having to option click and then choose by scrolling through the tools in the panel you wanted, how much nicer would it be to just see them all there in a neat little row, all visible and just waiting to be selected.

If both my hands are used to perform this one task, when I could be using only one, how am I supposed to pick up my cup of tea while working?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Janitor

Steve's a bit biased, because (unless he's demoing for us) he never clicks buttons. The man is a walking encyclopedia of Photoshop shortcuts. But in the newest version of Photoshop you can make your own toolbar, which is not precisely what you asked for, but should do what you want. You can even save different toolbar configurations.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2016, 01:49 AM

You can, of course, have floating panels if you like - just pull them out of their dock and place them where you want. But tear-off tool panels... Id be concerned about the amount of clutter that would result.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2016, 06:13 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
Steve's a bit biased, because (unless he's demoing for us) he never clicks buttons. The man is a walking encyclopedia of Photoshop shortcuts. But in the newest version of Photoshop you can make your own toolbar, which is not precisely what you asked for, but should do what you want. You can even save different toolbar configurations.

I did not know that Doug... (About the toolbar - not Steve.) I am actually lucky to know my name in the first three months of the year as they are my busiest time, but oddly enough, those three little dots allowing me access to the customizable tool panel are nowhere to be found on my tool bar? CC up to date BTW.

Thanks for the info though, probably end of March if I had waited to find out about it on my own.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Janitor

Try going to Edit>Toolbar
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Patron

Hmmm... well guess my Photoshop CC is as contrary as I am, because there is nothing related to the toolbar(s) there either. Reset the workspace and everything - no dice. Will have to do some more delving when I get a chance. Thanks for trying to help though Doug.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Janitor

Under Help>About Photoshop CC... what is your version listed as? It needs to be at least 2015.1.1
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE