Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The RetouchPRO Movie Club Talk about movies, movie-related stuff, or even post your own reviews

Time-travel movies

Old 11-03-2006, 01:30 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Question Re: Time-travel movies

Am I back here again? Ha!

Time seems to be based on circular motion (spinning of the earth, planetary orbits, rotation of galaxies, etc.). Or maybe a spiral (circular and forward motion). Beyond that, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Escape From New York

Planet Of The Apes
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Re: Time-travel movies

I don't know if this one counts exactly. I guess it really depends on your personal take. But it's a great movie none the less: Red. The third of the Three Colors Trilogy: Blue, White, Red
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Nelson
You'd think if TT were possible we would have met a traveler by now.
What if time travel were possible but occurs in an absolute reference frame so you lose sync with the earth's position. Maybe the real reason we haven't met a traveler is that they can't solve the problem of how to arrive at a specific coordinate in space-time. With the Earth revolving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour and the Sun revolving around the galaxy at about 486,000 miles per hour, anything beyond a trivial jump would probably end up in deep space. And the Galaxy isn't standing still either.

Last edited by BobJones; 11-06-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM

Somewhere in Time has sparked quite a discussion here over the years. I actually found a copy of the book the movie was based on a few weeks ago at a bargain table in the bookstore. It actually is called "Somewhere in Time". It is by Richard Matheson.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2009, 01:54 AM

Hey Doug, If you run out of movies to watch, one of my favorite books is called "One" by Richard Bach. Another one is by the same author and called "Running From Safety". The first is a very fast read. The second one's premis is basically, what if you could go back and talk to yourself as a 10 year old... what would you tell yourself? What WOULDN'T you tell yourself? Would you save yourself the pain of that lost love? But it would come at the expense of the experience.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Mr. Crazyfly1;
Along the lines of your book is a movie called "Frequency" and it is quite a nail-biter. In fact, even closer than that is a movie now in the theaters called "17 Again" and it's very funny. Well, very funny for me. Then again I'm the one sending a letter to a Mr. Crazyfly1. The idea of traveling back in time and checking things out has been with us forever. If we actually did it can you imagine how careful you would have to be. You could step on a flower that the guy behind you would have picked up if you didn't do that and that flower had a chemical that cured some terrible sickness and because you stepped on it you altered history in a vast and unforeseen way. Careful where you walk or ask for.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club