Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The RetouchPRO Movie Club Talk about movies, movie-related stuff, or even post your own reviews

Twisty movies

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Re: Twisty movies

Originally Posted by stevek View Post
'House of Games' is an exceptional movie - with one twist after another, right up to the very final scene.

It's a David Mamet movie from 1987 - which should give you a good idea of what kind of movie it is.

Incidentally, Mamet also made 'Glengarry Glen Ross', which is another truly excellent movie - also with quite a few great twists.

They're both slightly more leftfield than the movies that have generally been mentioned in this thread so far, so I thought it's possible you may not be familiar with them.

I have to agree on House Of Games...... many twists all the way through the film.......excellent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 AM

"Triangle" is on cable this month. I can't even describe the plot without ruining some of the twists (and there are more than you think). Suffice it to say: a woman with an autistic son goes on a sailing boat trip, and things do not go well

I had to rewatch it again to see if it was playing fair. It was, mostly. And any "cheating" can be easily explained away by the internal rules (which are the best part, I've never seen this particular set of rules before).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Millenium? Or Being There?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club