RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The RetouchPRO Movie Club Talk about movies, movie-related stuff, or even post your own reviews

Any Matrix fans around here?

Old 01-28-2003, 03:38 AM

Any Matrix fans around here?

I'm a big fan of the matrix, I've seen the movie a couple times, and I liked it a lot better the second time I saw it, there's a lot of small details you notice on another veiwing, I think it's an interesting plot, and besides that I'm just a fan of action movies in general. I've been reading about the sequels for it coming this year (Matrix Reloaded, coming out in mid May, and Matrix revolutions, supposed to come out sometime around November) and they sound like they should be great, because of the fact that the original did so well they have a very big budget this time around which allows for better effects and good actors (the special effects budget alone is 100 million, and the total is about 300M!!). The plot is being kept a closely gaurded secret, but theres been some information about the rest of the production out, supposedly there's going to be more of the ground breaking effects and computer work that everybody was amazed with in the first one, so I'm really looking forward to seeing all of it, and I hope they can keep a decent plot, because no matter how good the special effects are, if it's a bad plot it's still a weak movie. these are a couple movies I'll definitely go to without waiting for reviews to hear what they're like, I can't wait.

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2003, 10:51 AM

Talking

I loved it when I first saw it. I'd go see something like it again. I like them, as apparently you do also, that keep you guessing (good plot) and have lots of cool special effects (like your new avatar!!!)

The LOTR comes close with the special effects, as did the Star Wars ones in their day (the first ones - or should I say last...depends on how you look at it) Terminator and Total Recall had some interesting plot twists and special effects as well.

I think the appeal for Matrix was the more modern day theme. Like someone could knock on your door someday and you could do those things too. I'm looking forward to any sequels there may be in this, with the hope that with a bigger budget I will be even more impressed than I was with the first.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2003, 08:42 PM

In the original Matrix, there's a scene in a subway, where our hero backflips (if I recall correctly) into the subway tracks. Anyway, if you watch carefully you can see the wires

Mig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2003, 08:35 AM

Your avatar is great, David!!
How did you make it? **
Yes, I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2 new movies too.

** Edit: Oops, just saw the Other thread, so never mind
I'll go read up. I'm having trouble getting Image Ready to work properly.

Last edited by mama alligator; 01-29-2003 at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2003, 12:17 PM

Mig - ooh, I'll definitely have to watch for that one next time I watch it!!

mama alligator - thanks!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2003, 01:21 PM

If you liked The Matrix and you can't bear the wait until The Matrix Reloaded, you should definately check out The Animatrix. Quoting from the article What Is The Animatrix by Brian Linder:
Quote:
It seems that producer Joel Silver has tapped some of Japan's leading anime talent to create the Animatrix series, set for a Fall 2002 debut.

Silver dishes new details on the saga saying, "We're planning a series of animated short subjects that will kind of take the world from the world we're in today to the world of the Matrix and how we got there. We have assembled a team of unbelievably talented and renowned Japanese animation directors and artists to create a series of short films that will be accessible either on the Internet or eventually on DVD."

"We're intending to put the animes out on a regular basis," says Silver. The 10-episode series is set to conclude before the release of the first sequel to The Matrix in 2003.
Currently, only the first two episodes have been posted online. Optionally, you can see one of the later episodes "The Final Flight of the Osiris" in theaters playing with Dreamcatcher.

Truman
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2003, 04:06 PM

interesting, thanks for posting that link, I downloaded the first one (big file, about 130MB for the highest rez version) and watched it, it's some excellent animation. just to warn anybody who wants to watch it there are some pretty graphic scenes in the clip.

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2003, 10:14 PM

I'm not as big a fan of action movies as I am Sci Fi, but I loved the Matrix for both reasons - have seen it about a bazillion times and can't wait for the new ones.... I think my favorite part is the one where they show up with the arsenal to rescue Morpheus and just demolish the lobby.... Funny how that's maybe the most "action" and least "Sci Fi" part of the movie...

(love your avatar too, David )
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2003, 12:11 AM

thanks Jak! I know what you mean, that really was a great scene, I read a interview somebody did with carrie-ann moss and she was talking about the making of it, not surprisingly it was pretty demanding, she actually sprained or broke her ankle when she did the stunt where she has to run up the column and flip off of it, but she still somehow managed to pull it off, although it took it's toll and she had to take time off for a while after it. I can't wait, only a month and a couple weeks to the opening of Matrix 2!!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2003, 06:56 PM

Hey David...I managed a ticket to the preview tomorrow night! I'll let you know if it's any good. ( I won't spoil anything though )
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon > The RetouchPRO Movie Club