RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic paper texture

Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Patron

Re: Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic pap

thepcmouse, I did as you said and ran my downloaded copies thru the sites mentioned and got the same hits...

Result: 1 hit out of 39 (2.57% chance of being a Trojan/virus) but could be just a coding thing

I have had no problems and my anti virus did not pick anything up... nor do I have any of the listed programs contained/listed in the PWS.Win32.LdPinch Trojan in my registry or on my computer...

Your Call!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Patron

Hi thepcmouse,
I'm on a Mac, so can't use Image Analyzer and don't have it. I use ImageJ, which has a daunting interface but is platform-neutral.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 PM

Regarding my edited post # 102. Old Baldy in Post #106 did achieve improvement.

I've been putting of my final comments on this for months. What I did that paid off was to shoot the image with my DSLR fitted with a circular polarizer and photo floods at a sharp angle and close in. This resulted in filling the paper texture with light. Darkhourse (Posrt 106) was right. I got a great, workable image and was able to go ahead and complete the extensive retouch -- relocating the tree line, rebuilding the lower part of the plane, and finally "repainting" the plane to a new color scheme. Since then I have acquired polarizing sheets for my floods and such images come out even better.

Last edited by Joe Townsend; 02-13-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: word use
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 PM

Thanks for checking your versions. It was esafe that shows a suspicious file and they are known for false positives. But jotti is the one that shows the trojan. I'd really like to try this program so will cross my fingers and go for it since you have not had any problems with a trojan on your computer.
Thanks again for checking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngutman View Post
Has anyone figured out how to use the FFT/iFFT filters in Photoshop Elements 5 or 6 or in Corel Paintsho Pro X?
Thanks,
Nathan
did you get any answers, ngutman Nathan? i am working on the same problem. i am stuck on step 4!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 06:43 PM

ngutman, did you ever get any reply to this one? i am stuck on step four of tutorial regarding color channels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone figured out how to use the FFT/iFFT filters in Photoshop Elements 5 or 6 or in Corel Paintsho Pro X?
Thanks,
Nathan
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2010, 03:04 PM

I know this must be the lamest first post ever but I just couldn't lurk any more: THANKYOU.
This place is amazing and so useful sometimes it makes me want to scream.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byRo View Post
One problem that can come up from time to time is the need to retouch a photograph that has a heavy paper texture. On such a photograph the use of the day-to-day retouching techniques can be very difficult, as the texture gets just too mixed up in with the underlying image.
[details]

This is not meant to be THE definitive tutorial on FFT. I intend to be altering this tutorial as time goes by and new ideas arise.
Comments are most welcome, and when pertinent will be incorporated into the tutorial.

I read your tutorial on Using the FFT filter to remove photographic paper texture and wanted to download free software but the link does not work can you help me with this by reposting the link or emailing it to me at darkside1947@sbcglobal.net
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRS View Post
Thanks for the quick reply and the info. I downloaded it from www.kamlex.com and am looking forward to trying it out!!!

Thanks again!

Jennie
Am I the only one who can not find this FFT filter to remove photographic paper texture? and does it come in a Mac version?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 03:28 PM

You can find a Windows version of the FFT filter (that'll also work in 64bit mode) here: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sof...photoshop.html

For Mac versions check out ImageJ which also has an FFT filter built in: http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download.html
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials