RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Mask and Colorization tutorials

Old 07-18-2005, 08:51 AM

Smile Mask and Colorization tutorials

I still check in here a couple times a day !! I have not posted as have been trying to learn by using the tutorials.

To Vikki: I have learned to use masks now by using your great tutorial. I find it only works well with smaller issues. Maybe you can comment on that please? I was trying to play with the picture posted with the mold on the mans suit and ladies dress. Just not a good result. But I just want to thank you for the tutorial , I'd a thought I would never learn and get this into my mind!!

Flora, when coloring a b&w photo does the technique we talked of, work on several objects within one photo, it we put them on their own layer as we color?? Or might there be a better way to color ?

Thanks to you both for your tutorials. Ever so slowly I am making some progress. Love Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2005, 03:35 PM

I'm so glad the tutorial was helpful.
The main goal of the tutorial was to show how to use layer masks, and the touch up only secondary. The touchup portion of the tutorial is not meant to be used on larger areas of damage. Those areas should be repaired with the clone tool or healing brush, before proceeding.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2005, 06:18 PM

Thank you Vikki for the response. I am so glad to have figured out this wonderful technique. Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Hi nebgranny,

...still recovering from a very bad storm which has left us without power most of the day yesterday ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebgranny
Flora, when coloring a b&w photo does the technique we talked of, work on several objects within one photo, it we put them on their own layer as we color?? Or might there be a better way to color ?
Yes! Absolutely .... Simply create a new blank Layer (Blending>Color) for each part of the picture you wish to colorize ... To know where is what, you could also name the 'Color' Layers differently ... for example: Skin, Hair, Shirt, Grass etc. ....

Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials