RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Watching Video Tutorials

Old 08-02-2005, 08:48 AM

Watching Video Tutorials

On several occassions I have been trying to watch a Video tutorial of some of the new features in CS2. I get the video to load, it begins and then stops and jumps right back to the very beginning again, getting me no where !! Can someone tell me if you have the same problems when watching the training videos. And if so what do I need to do to have this run right? Thanks Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 AM

First make sure you have the most recent version of Quick Time.

From FAQ on Quicktime:

Getting the best playback with Internet movies

QuickTime Player automatically determines your Internet connection speed. If movies you’re watching on the Internet don’t play properly, it may help to change the conection speed setting.

To change your connection speed setting:
Choose Apple > System Preferences.
Click QuickTime.
Click Streaming.
Choose an option from the Streaming Speed pop-up menu.

QuickTime tries to play versions of the movie authored for the match closest to the slower connection speed. If you choose a speed slower than your actual connection speed, the resulting movie may be smaller in size and lower in quality than your connection can actually support.

If you choose a speed faster than your actual connection, QuickTime playback may stutter or appear jerky because it is trying to deliver more data than your connection can support. Many movies, such as movie trailers, are downloaded instead of being streamed in real time. To get the best-quality movie available, set your speed to a higher connection speed and wait for the movie to download. If you do this, remember to change your speed back to the correct speed to receive real-time streaming movies at the proper rate.

If you’re unsure of your connection speed, check with your Internet service provider (ISP).

Note: If you change your connection speed and later want to make QuickTime automatically detect your speed again, choose Automatic from the Streaming Speed pop-up menu.

Instant-On dramatically reduces buffer (wait) time when you view streamed video. To use Instant-On, you must have a broadband connection. The responsiveness of Instant-On is affected by available bandwidth and the size, or data rate, of the content. It can also be affected by the codec used to compress the streaming video.

Instant-On is on by default. If you experience problems with streamed video, you can turn it off (deselect the checkbox) or change the wait time by dragging the Play slider.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Thanks TPaul: I am still on Dialup. It is 56 K I believe. will poke around to change things if I can . Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2005, 11:53 AM

I believe many movies start playing while they load, so if you have a slow connection the movie will stop once it hits the loading point and then may restart. Try hitting the stop button on the QuickTime play bar of the movie and wait for it to fully load, then click play.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials