RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

OOB Tutorial (Out of Bounds)

Old 06-10-2006, 05:43 PM

OOB Tutorial (Out of Bounds)

Hey fellow Photoshoppers I have written a step-by-step tutorial for creating an OOB type image (in case you are not familiar with OOB's the first few pages give several examples). You will need Photoshop 7 or higher to follow along. I guess it is too large to Publish here or at least that is the error message I received when I tried. Here is the link to the tutorial...once there you can either view the tutorial page by page on my Flickr gallery or follow the download link to the pdf file...it is roughly 8 megs in size:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2846668...7594146002408/

Also if your interested I have created a followup tutorial that gets into frame warping for OOB's, it too can be found on the above link and it is around 5 megs in size for the pdf file.

Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2006, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. I am going to have a look at it after I have downloaded it. I havent seen anything likeOOBs' before and the pic on the front of the tut looks cool.

I am having problems downloading the tutorial. It gets to 80% and then says the file is finished downloading. then when I try to open it it says the file is corrupt.

I found another way to get the tutorial...download it page by page.

I am having the same dowload problem with the warping tutorial. I also cant find the tutorial so I can do as I did with the other tutroial.

Last edited by ScubaMargie; 06-10-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2006, 11:02 AM

Tutorial DL

Scuba,

I just went in and downloaded the first tutorial to check the host and it worked fine for me. It took around 3 minutes to dl via my cable modem. Sorry for your trouble. Also I did not upload the second tut pages to my gallery since I found this hosting service to host the pdf files. Let me know and I will email you the second tut if you want.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2006, 09:16 AM

Thanks Serrator.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2006, 02:05 AM

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. I was playing with the above tutorial and this is my final result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tasmanian-Tiger-Snake-3D.jpg (54.9 KB, 186 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 AM

OOB Pic

Margie,

Very nice job on your first OOB! I like the one rock you left in the out of bounds portion with the snake. The small details are what add up to excellence. Thanks for posting your efforts
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2006, 08:13 PM

Thanks Fred. I had a lot of fun doing this tutorial and I can see that I am going to get many more fun filled hours out of it. I just thought the rock looked cool where it was. I actually didn't realise it was a rock until the picture was finished .
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 AM

OOB Group

Margie,

I am glad you were able to do so well on your first OOB!

You really need to join the OOB group and post your work there as well for all of us OOBers to see. You had asked me how to do it...first you must have a Flickr account which is free. Once you have an account you can join the OOB group. To post pics just upload to Flickr your pic(s), then join OOB group. Once joined to the OOB group you can then assign your pic(s) to that group for all to see. It's a little confusing at first but really it is not too difficult after that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 AM

Thanks fred.

I have an account there, scuba_margie. I have also joined the group. I have uploaded my picture and set it to public. Now what do I do? I cant seem to find where I can make it viewable to the group.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2006, 02:04 AM

Hi and welcome to RP to both of you!!

Serrator,

great Tutorials (downloaded the 'Warp' one as well!!!) ... great effects .... Thank you so much for sharing!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials