RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Line Art - Video Tutorial

Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM

Thumbs down Re: Line Art - Video Tutorial

Aw, thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 PM

Re: Line Art - Video Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael View Post
Hey, that tutorial turned out great. Well done.

As noted elsewhere I *REALLY* like this method. Even wrote a PS action to automate the process. Named it "ART Sketch-Swampy" in your honor!
DannyRaphael can you please explain what a PS action is and how you automate it for this newb??
Swampy that tut was so great I had to share it with some friends and try it myself.Here's a picture of my car in front of our house. I had to watch the tut several times so catch some of the fast mouse moves, but I'm learning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Our-house-line-art.jpg (76.0 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2009, 09:38 PM

DannyRaphael, I looked through the help on action and figured it out. Dang thats sweet, all I have to do now is hit my F2 key, and my recorded action " Swampy's line Art" does all the work in one key stroke. Sawweeeeett!!

Swampy keep up the awsome work, thanks again, you make learning fun, love photoshop!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runfox View Post
DannyRaphael can you please explain what a PS action is and how you automate it for this newb??
A Photoshop Action is created by "recording" the steps (typically comands and settings) to achieve a specific result. Once an action is recorded, it can be "played back" at which time Photoshop automatically applies the commands (and their settings) to an open image in the order they were recorded.

There are a bizillion articles and tutorials on this subject on the Internet that can explain the particulars more thoroughly -- and faster -- than I can.

For a boatload of info, Google: photoshop action tutorial
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runfox View Post
DannyRaphael, I looked through the help on action and figured it out. Dang thats sweet, all I have to do now is hit my F2 key, and my recorded action " Swampy's line Art" does all the work in one key stroke. Sawweeeeett!!

Swampy keep up the awsome work, thanks again, you make learning fun, love photoshop!!!
Well done. Glad you figured it out. Actions are real timesavers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM

Wow, RunFox... excellent art. Glad you figured out the action. Now the fun begins when you start playing with blend modes for the line art, resetting Levels, or doing some dodge and burn on the sketch layer.

Here's an idea... run a Filter>Stylize>Difuse>Aniso on a _copy_ of the sketch, put it under the original sketch. Then go to the original skectch and add a mask and with a black brush with mid opacity, start painting out the "skritchies" in the trees and grass to soften up that detail and let the difuse layer deal with it in a softer way. Then your "main detail" will be on the house and car.

Lots of things you can do.. you can also do some smudging or blurring of those tree and grass details.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials