RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. included)

Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM

Re: Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. i

Juds,

Thanks for the tutorial. Its works well. I would be interested in creating my own eyelash brushes. How do you do it? Do you draw from scratch or extract them from a photo?

JCB
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 AM

Can somebody make a brush and mail it to me? I tried downloading them but there is no link and there is just the graphics so does that mean we all have to make those 4 brushes ourselves?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up Re: Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJeffM View Post
Juds, Thank you very much for checking out my site, I'm really just getting things off the ground.
Just a note:
When I visit websites with music I either immediately flee the site or if really interested look for the "music off" button but generally just move on. For once I enjoyed the music which wasn't overpowering and was very well choreographed to the presentation. Cool!
~Nancy

Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Can somebody make a brush and mail it to me? I tried downloading them but there is no link and there is just the graphics so does that mean we all have to make those 4 brushes ourselves?
Yes, duh, offcourse thats why I made this tut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 AM

Depending on the image, brushes are great. I have used them many times, however, with some images the eyes just don't lend themselves to brushes. It is sometime better to use the pen tool and paths to create a set of lashes one lash at a time (it really doesn't take long once used to it). You'll need a tablet for the best results.
Create new layer. Start on one eye; top lashes. Use eye dropper tool, select natural color of lash. Select a hard brush - one or two points depending on the image ( practice makes perfect). Make a path ( one at a time for each lash ) that follows the natural line of the lash. Go to the fly out menu on the paths pallet. Stroke the path. Do this for each lash. Vary color of some of the lashes a tad. Look at real lashes and see that they are not perfect, sometimes they overlap each other. Once finished and satisfied with the contour of the top set of lashes for one eye, g blur just enough so the stroke is not hard and looks natural. You can also lower the opacity a bit. Not dark enough? Dup the layer play with opacity of the top layer and merge. Once done with one eye dup layer flip horizontal and rotate and tweak to fit other eye. Now on another layer follow the same steps for the bottom lashes. Much more custom and realistic effect for close up images. Of course takes a bit more time than a brush but worth the effort.
Hope this helps.
~Nancy

www.PhotoArt123.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 AM

Cool Re: Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. i

Hi Rudy,

I am afraid I am new at finding tutorials. I went to "tutorials" and I couldn't find out where to start the lesson. Can you give me a little help? I really want to go through the tutorial. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Kendrick View Post
Hi Rudy,

I am afraid I am new at finding tutorials. I went to "tutorials" and I couldn't find out where to start the lesson. Can you give me a little help? I really want to go through the tutorial. Thank you.
haha, the name is Ruud, my friends always call me Rudie haha

here is the direct link: http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=287

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials