Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Tutorial ideas

Old 08-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Thank you for the post . I am pleased you have posted this request. It has been my hope people would do a step by step. I think each photo has a life of it's own, but there are some universal things which can be done. People here are so talented and helpful. I too have learned from being here. I have used the masks tutorial from viki and information on coloring from flora and those two techniques alone have been priceless. I would like to learn how to use channels, I do not have a clue how to use them. I know someone asked me what I wanted to know about them. Well I did not know how to respond because I do not know a thing about them.

Thanks for you post. Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2005, 05:28 AM
pasting channels

Can someone tell me how to make a new channel and paste it like another red/green channel. Kinda know how to make a new channel but not how to copy and paste into the background? Can you use filters on a singular channel or do I have to make a new channel and then apply the filter and then paste. This is my big confusion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
hmm... i'd really like to see tutorial on airbrushing (or just some tips on that)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Re: Tutorial ideas

I would like to see a tutorial on B&W
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 PM

I want to see a tutorial on creating a selection of the teeth automatically. I don't want to do it every time and the tutorial on changeing the color of teeth was good, but they don't say how to do it automatically everytime.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2008, 10:42 PM

I would like to see a tutorial on how to make a full glitz image. I've looked everyone I could think of on how to do this but all I get is people selling their services. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Tuts I'd Like To See #1 - Glass Person

Hi One and All,
Greetings from (Today) wet n miserable Durham, UK.

This (my first) post will hopefully have two consequences.

Consequence #1) I've searched high and low (and in-between !) for a tutorial on turning a person into "Glass" to no avail. I can now make a "chrome" person, I can even make a "water element" person (after finding a couple of excellent Tuts on T'Interweb), but "glass" person? Nah.

The "Red Glass Apple On Newspaper" Tut is a good one but it doesn't do it for me when applied to a person. Anyone any good pointers? This would be a "general" Tut as I'm not looking to change a specific image.

Consequence #2) This posting will stop RetouchPRO gently (but persistently!) reminding me:-
"Hello Elmer B,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Don't be shy!! COME ON IN!! The waters lovely!! Make your first post today etc. etc........" !!!

Elmer B. Fuddled
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 AM
TIL2C #2 Isolating Hair in low contrast image

My second post (getting the hang of this!!).
Isolating Hair is a real pain in the a**e for me, specifically dark hair from dark backgrounds and fair hair from light backgrounds. Do I guesstimate and add hair back in with a brush or do I stick a tea-cosy hat on the head and hope no-one notices ?
Even with reasonable contrast I seem to end up with a fuzzy halo round the subject, not crisp individual hair strands like I'm seeing in the Tuts I'm following.
Where am I going wrong? Running too fast? Lack of patience? I don't know, but I'm never happy with the results I'm getting.
These are non-specific images I'm working on, purely for my own entertainment (angst?) and I must admit, why pick an easy image to play with when you can make life soooo much more difficult!!

Elmer B. Fuddled
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 AM

I have not yet found a tutorial on effectively isolating tree branches. I often have need of blending two exposures in landscapes, and always run into a wall on the tree branches, where if isolated, they begin to deteriorate. There are tons of tuts on blending landscapes, but most if not all are those with simple horizons. I thought some of these tuts on hair selection might help, but its not quite the same as dealing with a bright sky and dark landscape.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM

id like to see more tutorials with the more of "basics." I've been usuing photoshop for a long time. Over 10 years. But ive always done stuff the "wrong" way. To get rid of a blemish i used to use the color eye dropper and brush right over it. So when i see tutorials on how to do stuff. Its the basics of it that i can't figure out. I get the concepts, but get lost in what buttons to push. I've watched countless color correction videos and still can't figure them out. Heres an example

"we are going to make a curve to lighten it a little bit. Then once we have a mask, because we are using adjustment layers, we can paint in certain areas"
k, made a curve, but then can't get the mask to work correctly, cuz im probably not going to the right spot for the mask

"Now we do another one, if we select the middle eye dropper. Thats going to select a neutral area and its going to balance out the other colors accordingly."
K, got the curve, but where the hell is this eye dropper at?

the concepts that shes trying to teach make complete sense but she uses short cut keys and for the life of me i can't figure out where the hell to go. Im not talking about this tutorial exclusively, but most tutorials i watch have this same problem. I get lost because i can't figure out what menu to go to or whatever. So i just suggest keeping this in mind when making tutorials, that not everyone is a photoshop expert.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials