RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Quick De-Crack

Old 08-14-2004, 05:57 PM

Shironex

I am using Photoshop CS and downloaded Quick De-Crack and I have put it is several places in the program and I can't find it when I open Photoshop.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance,

John
j.staples@sbcglobal.net
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2004, 08:53 PM

This action is kind of amazing.... :-)

I am using Photoshop CS also, Shironex, and the action works just fine. It downloads as a zip file though, so maybe that's the problem you're having..... did you click on the file to unzip it before installing? After unzipping it, place the Decrack.atn file in your Photoshop Actions folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions)

I realize the action was written for version 6, but CS handles it well..... I really recommend trying it:-)

Sharon
http://www.pbase.com/photofixer
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2006, 01:38 AM

Exclamation Decrack for Higher Versions of PS?

I really would love to try this action, but it's not working in PS CS 2. Anyone know how I could make it work?

What I am running in to is this:
Load ATN and run

At Step 3 (Copy) I get a message that says "The command 'Copy' is not currently available".
I pressed 'Continue" and then at Step 6 (Paste) I get a message that says "The command 'Paste' is not currently available".

I pressed continue again (just to see what happens) and it can't do anything because the active layer is empty.

If anyone could go through the action to see if it can be fixed, or if you know of an updated action that is PSCS2 compatible, I'd love to get a hold of it to see if it will work for me.

You can download the action HERE

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Berhane-27.jpg (93.4 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by rnbluvva; 02-12-2006 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Attach Image
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2006, 03:18 AM

In case anyone runs into this thread... the Decrack works if the image is flattened and there is just the 'Background'.

Thanks for Flora for assisting me with this.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbluvva
In case anyone runs into this thread... the Decrack works if the image is flattened and there is just the 'Background'.

Thanks for Flora for assisting me with this.

Would love to see the results from the action that you got.

I just downloaded it and am praying that it helps cut down time on restoring Katrina images that I'm working on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 02:37 PM

Skyarcher:

Check this thread:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=48

I posted my result there as Flora had helped me out with some action issues.

I am going to try some different tweaks later today to see if I can get better results. It works pretty well on the small cracks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Patron

Decracking

Well I didn't make an action but that could easily be done. I took the image and copied it to a higher layer using a darken blending mode. I then used a median blur filter to eliminate most of the scratches.

Then to apply the blur to the white areas only I used a blend if Gray greater than some number like 210. It only took a minute and could be fine tuned and could be turned into an action. Only the real bright areas i.e. the white ones got blurred. You could probably follow up with a layer mask and touch up too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blur.jpg (24.6 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Thanks Natalie!

While over in other thread, I noticed that you asked about how Flora split it up, into minimum/maximum - light/dark

Open your Actions palette, click on Decrack.atn to open folder if not already open. Then click on the very first line in that action. Go up to the top right arrow - click, then click Duplicate.

What I did here, was to change name of first set of actions to DecrackDARK, scrolled down and enabled Maximum. Then changed name of second set to DecrackLIGHT, scrolled down and enabled Minimum.

What I also did and it has helped me, was to enable Brightness/Contrast for both.

I'm working from smallest High-Pass settings up on both sets. And so far getting pretty good results, I think.

Hope this helps. And again, thank you for response.

*Listening to you music - how wonderful! Thank you! *

Last edited by Skyarcher; 02-16-2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added sentence to bottom.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2006, 12:23 AM

Skyarcher,

Thank you so much for explaining how to split the actions. I will attempt to do that later this weekend.

Glad you are enjoying the music
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbluvva
I really would love to try this action, but it's not working in PS CS 2. Anyone know how I could make it work?

What I am running in to is this:
Load ATN and run

At Step 3 (Copy) I get a message that says "The command 'Copy' is not currently available".
I pressed 'Continue" and then at Step 6 (Paste) I get a message that says "The command 'Paste' is not currently available".

I pressed continue again (just to see what happens) and it can't do anything because the active layer is empty.

If anyone could go through the action to see if it can be fixed, or if you know of an updated action that is PSCS2 compatible, I'd love to get a hold of it to see if it will work for me.

You can download the action HERE

Thanks
I flattened mine and only have one bg layer called Background and it still doesnt work. (PS CS2)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials