RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Replacing a Color Channel

Old 06-03-2002, 01:01 PM
Janitor

Tutorial: Replacing Color Channels

View here

Another great tutorial from Jakaleena. This one tells how to replace a damaged or otherwise ailing color channel with a whole new one.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-24-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2002, 01:51 PM

Oh cool. One of my terrible photos made it's debut in a tutorial. Yup that was a nasty one. Great tutorial again Jak. You're getting to be quite the pro at this tutorial business. Hey, you do a few more and you could be the next Katrin publishing her own How to book. Of course if you keep popping them up on this site no one will buy the book. Just kidding
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2002, 02:28 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
That one will be very useful for a lot of people. I'm beginning to wonder just how many gifts you're going for!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2002, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed_L
That one will be very useful for a lot of people. I'm beginning to wonder just how many gifts you're going for!

Ed
Now that people have started tossing presents at me, I'm figuring these tuts are like the old S&H Green stamps. I'm building them up to exchange for a LAWN TRACTOR! (John Deere please... )

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2002, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
you could be the next Katrin publishing her own How to book.
DJ

Actually, that's not a far cry from reality. My plan is to make a pitch to the local adult education facility to start a class on restoring old photos (they already offer computer classes). I'm just trying to get a lesson plan together and some materials to work with before I approach them with the idea. When Doug asked me to write some tuts, it helped give me a nudge toward preparing my prospective class materials...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2002, 05:35 PM

Alright!!! Excellent idea and a good way to go about it. I think you will be great at it Jak. Let us know how your venture turns out. Sounds like a real good plan.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 11:05 AM

From turorial
"1. Make a duplicate of your image. Select Image > Duplicate from the pull down menu, or right click on the blue bar at the top of your image and select Duplicate. In this image that I am working on, the blue channel looks pretty guilty, so out it goes..."

Just a heads up: Macs don't have a blue bar at the top of the image nor to Macs have a right mouse button (unless they're using and aftermarket mouse) Even if there is a right mouse button present, clicking it doesn't bring up the choice of duplicating the image.

In many instances, clicking the "control" key in combination with a mouse click will mimic the Windows right mouse click, but not in this case.

The only way I can find to duplicate an image on a Mac is with the Image>Duplicate menu option.

In addition, to duplicate an image and automatically append the word "copy" to its filename, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac) when you choose Image>Duplicate.

take care,
Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 11:17 AM

Thanks for clarifying that, Margaret. It's been a long time since I worked on a Mac, so I'm extremely poorly versed in Mac menu commands.

I'm glad you're looking out for those Mac differences!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 11:32 AM

I should pay more attention, but I've used a Mac as long as there have been Macs, and also had to use a Windows machine at work, so I've gotten used to translating. Doug mentioned a while ago that there doesn't seem to be many Mac people participating and I got to thinking that maybe if I contributed more, it might inspire others to contribute too.

I still enjoy your tutorials and I admire your concise prose (I tend to trip over my own hands whenever it try to explain anything LOL)

Please keep the tuts coming and I'd be happy to translate any differences for you,

Thanks again for the good work,
Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Janitor

Margaret:

How about some Mac tutorials?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials